hello im new here

I am thinking of getting the Washburn WI14 or Washburn X10.
But can you guys help me decide.
This will be my first guitar that ive paid with my own money.
I have the Washburn Idol 14, its a great guitar that I still use because its reliable. Nice comfortable neck and solid hardware. Don't get the black finish like I did, it needs constant polishing...
if you can find one of the old Dime washburns on ebay youd get lucky. thats what i recoment. probably a dimebolt, a slime, or the rebel
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.

So, would the Walnut Color Be Better Choice than black? Or Grey?
Good quality too. In my experence avoid the X-series, but the rest are excellent.
Quote by RadioMuse
Good quality too. In my experence avoid the X-series, but the rest are excellent.

You must lack the experience then.
i have owned 3 X series guitars, and none have given me problems.

but TS, play both, see what feels more comfortable to you, both are great guitars, but see what you like better, you wont be dissaopinted with either one.

and dont worry about finish, you shouldnt care if you have to polish it all the time. it will play the same
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I'll probably get the X10

Many thanks for helping.

EDIT: Oh Btw I like to play stuff like Metallica, Black sabbath and Avenged Sevenfold
Last edited by splody at Feb 28, 2007,
no, but you would hate to use the whammy, the things go out of tune mighty quick.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The WI14 is basically their bottom of the line guitar, but for what its worth its great. I have the transparent red colour posted earlier, and its really beautiful. Very reliable, and sounds good. Washburn guitars have the nicest looking headstocks of ANY guitar. Minor detail I know, but still great.
^lol, most people hate them, but i like them

Quote by steven seagull
I never been a massive fan of the Burners, But i've played a few models that had a good feel to them.
^ well, if that doesn't warrant a 2-month bump, i don't know what does!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its a washburn, it deserves it

Quote by steven seagull
The Washburn Idol series is absolutely worthy of drooling over.

The X Series.. I'm not too sure about.. as I haven't tried any guitar from that series.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
^i own a X40 and X50, along with a WG587, which is the predecessor to the X series. and all three are excellent guitars.

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
its a washburn, it deserves it

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?