I'm seeing the King of the Blues on March 21 when he comes to GR, Michigan. It's my birthday present (though my birthday is actually March 18). That is going to be one sweet show.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Rock on man, you're gonna enjoy it
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
Nice one man, B.B. puts on one hell of a show. Who's supporting?
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Hello, everyone. B.B. King is AMAZING!! His opening act was this great singer/songwriter named LeRoy Bell. B.B.'s band is fantastic. Before B.B. even came on, the band got on stage and just jammed for awhile, and it was sweet. Every song of B.B.'s was excellent, it was the best show I've ever been to, and my first blues show, too.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
im told that bb is pretty old now so talks for about half the show...... but i'd still empty my piggy bank to go
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
I saw him on March 3rd at the Landmark here, ogod it was incredible <3, just so much energy and drive in his and his band's sound.

Yeah, he does talk alot in the show, but it's really entertaining and funny, I didn't mind at all. I'd do anything to see him again, I loved every second of it :x

Any the opening band was really good too, that guitarist was AMAZING :x
I guess BB King is going on a tour this year, however, I heard that he is in the hospital right now. He is getting pretty old I guess. I just hope that he makes it to the show in my town this summer. That would suck to buy a ticket to see "The Blues Man" and have it be cancelled because of his health. Anyways, enjoy the show. Make sure to bring the dubidge! He is a smoker!
I saw B.B. King when he came to Illinois State. It was an amazing show. Leroy Bell was the opening act, and he was awesome!
I'm taking my grandmother on a "date" on June 12th to see him. She's got really excited when I told her I was going to go, and my girlfriend's not really into blues, so I'm taking her, haha.
Quote by Roll251
I'm taking my grandmother on a "date" on June 12th to see him. She's got really excited when I told her I was going to go, and my girlfriend's not really into blues, so I'm taking her, haha.

That's awesome.

How did your girlfriend take that one?

She's fine with it since we're going to see Mayer in August. I try to keep all of the women in my life happy, haha.

But yea, I was just playing a little shuffle and my grandmother started singing "Sweet Little Angel," and I was like . So when it came down to buying tickets, I knew who my show buddy was going to be.
Quote by Roll251
She's fine with it since we're going to see Mayer in August. I try to keep all of the women in my life happy, haha.

But yea, I was just playing a little shuffle and my grandmother started singing "Sweet Little Angel," and I was like . So when it came down to buying tickets, I knew who my show buddy was going to be.

That's possibly the coolest thing I've read on UG this year

Except maybe the 'Encore God for Blues & Jazz Mod' thread, but still...