After I buy the Jekyll and Hyde, an EQ, and maybe some new tubes, I might have some money leftover. I have a Schecter Omen 6 (basswood body) with the generic "Diamond Series" pickups in them. What's a decent set of pups that do metal best, but will also do cleaner stuff (maybe blues) if needed for around 150 or less? By the way, the metal that I like is Pantera, Opeth Children of Bodom, Strapping Young Lad, Metallica, Black Sabbath, other stuff like that, and then some nu-metal stuff, but mainly the bands mentioned. Thanks.

Edit:Also, how hard is it to change pickups? I haven't really opened up the back plate of my guitar to see if you need to solder them or if they just slide on.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Last edited by Xeroxed at Feb 26, 2007,
Pluse one with jermie...

we are tehz BKP owners
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Miracle man, painkiller or Nailbomb. Bareknuckle are definitely the way to go.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Lace Sensor Drop & Gains

They apparently have clean tones and stuff too, dispite the name...

Anyway see if you can find a set on an eBay store or something since they seem to be pretty hard to find...
^Yup, those are majorly sick metal pups.

I got some low output pups myself .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^Med output are delicious for metal if your amp gets enough gain. Building a guitar around the BKP VH2 actually.
^ >_>

Are mine considered mid or low outputs? I can't really tell .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^

Got it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Isnt that hard to change em. You just need a soldering iron, some solder (obviously) and enough common sense to read the wiring diagrams they give you (not trying to be offensive sorry ive just seen so many idiots who screw it up cause they've ignored the diagrams)
Ok, from the one site that I saw it looks like it will be around $150 for one BKP. Which one would be best for the mentioned metal, but can also do blues when called upon? Also, will these sound good with the basswood body of my guitar?

I've never soldered electronics, but I tend to be able to be handy with these kind of things, so should I be able to do this easily? Thanks.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+