So if cutting yourself is emo, is getting piercings make you emo too. They both seem the same to me.

Some definitions of emo hold that typical "emo persons" are likely to inflict self-injury, most often by means of cutting, burning, or otherwise mutilating themselves. The theme of self-injury is also common in emo poetry.

Last edited by Goodzilla at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
"Emo" doesn't really exist. It's a music genre.

Wikipedia disagrees with you
i hate to post in a reported thread for fear of ban but flame843, your avatar is just so bitchin.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by rockergirl1122
No.
Getting piercings is...
Getting piercings.
My ears are pierced and I got my tongue pierced, and I'm not emo.

+1

Only relevant post
Emo went out of style like 2 years ago, get with it man
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
^^^ Oh ****! It's Bernice. Yeah...Emo threads= shit. There should be a no "emo" thread rule.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I figured such a thread would come from someone who joined today. Hey buddy, I know, you think your the only one to come up with these threads, and you think you should probably go back to the pit, and see how many people think Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever or how much YOU metal. Well guess what. Your not. Mother fu cking stereotypical dumbasss.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
inflicting pain and liking it is. . emo i guess, but peircings is not for the pain, it's for the sexy ass look of metal peircing the skin and sucking things off to make it feel nice and such.

now cutting yourself, some people actually do it to compare scars, and some people do it for the pain, they are pretty emo and lamor.
Last edited by PW019-box at Feb 26, 2007,
emo sucks and all, it may have gone out of style. But phish will always suck.
Quote by flame843
*reported*

This is perhaps the second or fifth dumbest thread I've ever read.

You can't report a thread because it's stupid......can you?
Ugh, neither is emo. Getting a piercing is usually cosmetic, cutting yourself is a a release from stress/pain etc. or a cry for attention, the majority of "emos" (scene kids if you don't want to sound like a misinformed idiot) don't cut themselves, that's just a stupid stereotype that's reinforced by a bunch of classic rock/metal listening neandrathals that don't know shit about music. That being said there is a more prominent question at hand here, why the **** do you care? I don't understand this strange obsession with scene kids and the things they do. Honestly it's just weird now...

This is really just a stupid thread that will hopefully be closed soon.
Quote by ericgentz
I figured such a thread would come from someone who joined today. Hey buddy, I know, you think your the only one to come up with these threads, and you think you should probably go back to the pit, and see how many people think Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever or how much YOU metal. Well guess what. Your not. Mother fu cking stereotypical dumbasss.

What the heck are you talking about? Learn grammar and spelling before attempt to insult me. Honestly what does, "how much you metal," mean!? And I can't believe you just said Jimi Hendrix is emo; you are a retard.
Quote by PW019-box
inflicting pain and liking it is. . emo i guess, but peircings is not for the pain, it's for the sexy ass look of metal peircing the skin and sucking things off to make it feel nice and such.

now cutting yourself, some people actually do it to compare scars, and some people do it for the pain, they are pretty emo and lamor.

Um...no. Inflicting pain = Sadism. Liking it = Masochism. Thus. together they are S&M. It's all good fun, my dear man.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Bayonetwork
Um...no. Inflicting pain = Sadism. Liking it = Masochism. Thus. together they are S&M. It's all good fun, my dear man.

Sadism
1 : a sexual perversion in which gratification is obtained by the infliction of physical or mental pain on others

Masochism
1 : a sexual perversion characterized by pleasure in being subjected to pain or humiliation especially by a love object
Quote by Goodzilla
So if cutting yourself is emo, is getting piercings make you emo too. They both seem the same to me.

Shut the fuck up.

You know the answer to that goddamn question, you're just trying to take the piss out of Emo, asshole.
Poor advice.
not even close...cutting is something meant soley to harm yourself...

piercings are for looks.

it's that simple
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Bayonetwork

what a ***** ehh.

i'm saying the way emo has been defined, if someone inflicts pain on themselves and likes it, under said definition, that would be considered emo.

man what a bitch eh.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
"Emo" doesn't really exist. It's a music genre.

Its a music genre and its a fashion style... and it sucks...
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Shut the fuck up.

You know the answer to that goddamn question, you're just trying to take the piss out of Emo, asshole.
Actually this is more of me saying either one is wrong.
The mention of emo was I guess as you can say a social expirement. That I believe the term emo grabs more attention than self mutilation is a sin
Quote by Goodzilla
Actually this is more of me saying either one is wrong.
The mention of emo was I guess as you can say a social expirement. That I believe the term emo grabs more attention than self mutilation is a sin

it depends really.

like if you're standing right beside me, and i mention emo, then we'll have a short discussion.

but if i sever my penis into two, so i'm a quadri-pod, then i think that would "grab more attention" if you know what im ean *thrust*
Quote by PW019-box
it depends really.

like if you're standing right beside me, and i mention emo, then we'll have a short discussion.

but if i sever my penis into two, so i'm a quadri-pod, then i think that would "grab more attention" if you know what im ean *thrust*