i cant find any local bands, ive asked around and everything. every band i find doesnt need a bassist, theyve already got one. does any1 got some tips or a website that has a massive list of bands, cause ive tried the whole thing where us ign up and try to find local bands, but they dont have a lot of bands/musicians on the sites i find
put up some lil flyers that have the lil tear-off things at the bottome.. you know your name n number.

say stuff like "Bassist looking for guitarist and drummer (&vocals if needed)" say what kinda music youre into and what bands have inspired you....

oh, also say how long youve been playing.
Quote by i bleed metal
were you in mike's band the newbs?

no i was not but i know who you are talking about. IM me sometime
there should be a newspaper that has a band mamber additions page in it, if not u must be in a hik town somewhere, that or a local website, where r u anyway?
i grew up in a hick town. they only band i was in in high shool was a country one. but onve you move to college youll meet alot of new people and everyone wants to be in a band, so you'll find one then. Do you have any friends that play, cuz you can start a band with them.
Yeah dude I suggest what the rest of these guys did: start your own band.

Post flyers in your school, or find a local website or forum and advertise. Posting on this forum is a start too!

So check it out, bands are usually breaking up when people are younger so look to possibly rehash a group or nab some people from a broken up group and do your thing.
I myself have had trouble finiding anyone to play with. It's not that I don't know people who play, I know plenty, but everyone is either already in a band and doesn't have time to jam with me, or they are ass holes and I would just rather not deal with them.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by nubular
i cant find any local bands, ive asked around and everything. every band i find doesnt need a bassist, theyve already got one. does any1 got some tips or a website that has a massive list of bands, cause ive tried the whole thing where us ign up and try to find local bands, but they dont have a lot of bands/musicians on the sites i find

I MITE be able 2 help u because I'm wanting 2 start a band . Im a drummer. I dont yet have a full set but I'm hoping I can when I get a job this summer.
Attachments:
The_Voice_of_the_Voiceless_by_Lakota_Eyes.jpg
Last edited by Music<3er at Feb 28, 2007,