Favourite Band(s): Ben Folds, Lifetime, The Go Find, Death Cab for Cutie (and likewise, anything Ben Gibbard/Chris Walla touch.), Styrofoam, The Format, Brand New, Saves the Day, Regina Spektor, Ted Leo, The Shins, John Mayer, Counting Crows, ElliottSmith and many more. But I'm tired. I can't choose 'favorites', it varies from day to day.

And band we should listen to is: Stars of Track and Field's new album is fantastic. If you can find that, pick it up. Also, watch out for The Morning Of... to blow up when they release their album. Pick up their EP on smartpunk.

Most Inspirational Lyricist: I'm going to do this a little differently than most... Just check out these lyricists/authors/books. They're not 'inspirational' per se (Don't be inspired by other writers, that's the wrong way to do it.) but they're great. I'm drawing a serious blank on authors right now, sorry...

Jesse Lacey(Brand New), Ben Folds(Ben Folds Five, Ben Folds) Ben Gibbard(Death Cab/All-Time Quarterback/The Postal Service), James Mercer(The Shins), Adam Duritz(Counting Crows), Elliott Smith (Elliott Smith)

David Eggers(Read "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius", or, for a more traditional[but not too traditional] read "You Shall Know Our Velocity!". The first is a memoir, the latter a ridiculous novel about giving money away while travelling around the world.)

J.D. Salinger(I take it you've all read Catcher, but check out his other works as well, notably "Franny and Zooey". A highly overlooked novel.)

Wilfred Owen- Dulce et Decorum Est. (It's a poem. I think it's one of the better 'war' poems ever written.) Here

Why Do You Write: I've asked myself this sometimes... It depends. Typically, I'll write just to get my emotions out. But, more lately, I write to be read as well. I mean, I'd love to touch someone like others have touched me. (You pervert!) I mean, I love writing. It's fun. I'm apparently decent at it, so why not do it? Why do people play soccer? Why do people read books? It's theraputic sometimes, sure, but I think it's mostly because I have to write. It's part of what makes me me. If I didn't write, I'd be a different person, right?

Anything special you do while you write: Besides being naked? (I'm kidding.) I don't think so... I mean, one time when I had to write a sonnet for English class I tossed a football back and forth with my brother looking for new lines... Other than that though, I just observe the world and come up with ideas.

Favourite technique/style: I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I really hate super abstract stuff. Keep it simple, let it flow. (But not too simple, yeah, I'm talking to you in the corner there...) If you mean like literary technique, I love allusions. I think, when used effectively, they're the easiest and most personal way to touch a reader.

Favourite Writer on UG: Eh... I'm not really sure. I'll list a few people, and just because I don't say you doesn't mean I don't like you. It means I'm stressed right now. Steve (The Hurt Within), Randy (Stellar_Legs), Jamie (JammyDude), Dylan (Synth), Matt (Something Vague), and Kyle (Grovermans). There are plenty of great ones who are never around anymore (Actually, that includes Matt...) that I won't go into because they're really old pieces and I don't want you bumping them. But know that they were there. I think Punchattigga and Ad*Astra are some up and coming writers we'll want to keep an eye on. I see good things coming guys.

Most Helpful Critter (thus known as critic): Dylan and Jamie always are great. I think that Jamie is the guy who reads everyone's work, and really goes at least somewhat in depth on it. Streetcarp (Drawing a blank on your name, sorry buddy.) is also great, but I haven't seen him around in a while.

Your Most Recent Work and Reason behind It: Would that be "I am Careful, I am Carefree"? I don't feel like talking about that one, sorry... (I never reveal anything about my writing, so you're lucky I'm doing this!) I'll do "Bayonets", since that piece everyone seemed to like. Basically, I was at T.G.I. Fridays and saw this dude that looked like John Mayer go out to take a smoke. He started chatting up the other smokers out there, and then there was four of these people throwing away their lives. And I thought "Wow, it's all social to them." I then thought of peer pressure, and what people do to themselves just for someone they love, or whatever. The smokers are really a metaphor for how far I'd go to get the girl, essentially. I mean, that's a really brief interpretation, but yeah... Hope that helps some of you. That should help a little on I am Careful, but I feel awkward talking about what inspired that.

Tips for Newer Writers: Don't compromise your style, let it develop on it's own. Don't read my work and try to be me. Don't read Palahniuk and try to be him.(Oh god, please don't, that's the last thing we need.) Write for yourself, but don't forget that you want to be read as well. Never post a piece online, or submit it to be published unless you can defend it 100%. Most of all: Just enjoy writing. Write to touch others.

Any Final Comments or Thoughts:
Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and nice work to Randy, who was probably a better writer than me this month, but I somehow beat him anyway. I hope you enjoyed this long rant, and if you read it all, thanks. Get a life.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
hehe congratulations dude

and yeah i really like counting crows too they have some wonderful lyrics
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
congrats

hopefully with all your guys help i can possibly make it to the level of writing with a meaning behind it.
Congrats good sir, well deserving.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Quote by punchupatatigge
congrats

hopefully with all your guys help i can possibly make it to the level of writing with a meaning behind it.

Not that i'm an expert or anything, but it's up to you to do that mate
Good job buddy and keep up the good work. "Bayonets" was stellar.

Rock On
Newest Lyrics:
[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727775[/url"]Pattern Recognition

Short Stories:
Anniversary