dude you gotta wait. give some people time to see the thread.

as for the question, i have no idea. im looking for a good tube amp myself
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Yeah, lol I'm just excited, I'm looking at the Crate v16 too, a little pricey though.
arent they all eh?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
arent they all eh?

Ya lol. One thing I hate about guitars: It's damn expensive.
If you're looking for AC/DC Zeppelin-esque tones, you really should be looking at old style marshalls(ie- no master volume), or the reissues, such as JTM45's, 1974x's, and 1959SL's, and their reissues. Also, those tones are more reproducible with EL34 power valves. Look for traynor amps, apparently the have a quite convincing marshall tone, for a much cheaper price.
Quote by lefty_strat_str
If you're looking for AC/DC Zeppelin-esque tones, you really should be looking at old style marshalls(ie- no master volume), or the reissues, such as JTM45's, 1974x's, and 1959SL's, and their reissues. Also, those tones are more reproducible with EL34 power valves. Look for traynor amps, apparently the have a quite convincing marshall tone, for a much cheaper price.

Hey man, I would have 5 full stacks of old marshalls and plexi if they wern't 3 grand each. But I'll look at traynor amps. thanks for the tips.
...When did crate make tubes!?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
...When did crate make tubes!?

um I dunno, but the crate v16 palomonio or how ever teh **** you spell it sounds really good, I played it at guitar center. You think this one is good?
Well, if you like it a lot, more power to you! Just try different amps too .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I am.lol I'm confused on what to get, if I had enough money I would get a mashall half stack, but it looks like the next best option is a crate tube amp?
^Well, personally, I haven't heard too many good things about crate...solid states, not tube amps. But for the money, i really reccomend you checking out the pignose, I've been hearing good things about those.

Or get a decent solid state, Cube 30.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Do you think Traynor is good? I'll check out that other one you metioned.
^Yes...very.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
ive never heard of crate tube combos. what is this amp called?
find one and try it out, if you like it by it. it doesnt matter if its small, jimmy page, i beleive, uses a tiny fender amp and a telecaster on zeppelins first album. maybe the second too, im not sure.
The Palomino's meant to be a decent little amp, the Epi Valve Jr or Standard are good for tube tone on a budget to, Laney VC15 too. Any of them should give you the kind of tones you're looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by AC\DC
Ya lol. One thing I hate about guitars: It's damn expensive.

Tell someone who plays an orchestral instrument that and they'll laugh in your face.

Even custom built guitars are dirt cheap comparatively.