does anyone know of any good american authors or poets? i have a research project and i have to pick an american author or poet who has stuff written about them as well as published material. and i'm not looking for the standard edgar allen poe or other really really well known ones. someone original. oh, and i've tried google. no names jump out at me so i'm looking for recommendations.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Of course no names are jumping out at you if you're not looking for someone well known.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Stephen King? I would say Dan Brown, my favorite at the moment, but I don't think he has a lot of stuff written about him. Maybe Dean Koontz. I'm not sure if he's American. Or did you mean retro?
mark twain author
allen ginsberg=poet
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
I don't know if there is much written about him but, Chuck Palahniuk is great.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."
Quote by downontheupside
kurt cobain

No.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Quote by Uhh, Tanner
I don't know if there is much written about him but, Chuck Palahniuk is great.

Chucks' written the same book about tentimes. They all ahve thesame nihlistic shit regurgitated over and over again..
Poor advice.