Page 1 of 2
So much for conserving energy, huh?

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367
oh look, a texan who think he knows shit about enviromental issues
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
lol
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Thats not good...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
do you think he's going to move into a shack to prove global warming exists? do you know how many other bigger homes are consuming more energy? the idea is that everyone does a little for the ozone, not just al gore. the ****ing government still thinks its some kind of witchcraft from a fairytale. at least he's helping to educate
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
That's pretty funny. If it's true.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Dude, role playing in general is already crossing that line...putting on a wizard hat and running around spanking each other with plastic swords is just too far.

Remember Kids,

Quote by MeGaDeth2314

If you're gonna smoke, smoke weed.
I think the world is controlled by media. Especially America. I hate leaders. Any of them. They can't speak for people. Thats why we have a protest of some sort every other day. R.E.M and Genesis Got their stuff on lock. The Casualties too!
Quote by sashki
Suspended for skipping school? Makes perfect logical sense...

"IF YOU DON'T COME TO SCHOOL, WE WON'T LET YOU IN!"
shut up

just leave him alone, everybody knows its just because he has no friends
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
He always will have Man-Bear Pig....that's something.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Been_Sedated
I think the world is controlled by media. Especially America. I hate leaders. Any of them. They can't speak for people. Thats why we have a protest of some sort every other day. R.E.M and Genesis Got their stuff on lock. The Casualties too!

I like your user title, it suits you.
It's called "practicing what you preach." Using 20 times the amount the average American uses is just hypocritical. How 'bout Mr. Gore cuts back on his usage before telling everyone else to?
Nelsean: "Thats not good..."
Guitarist132: "Nelseans penis?"
Nelsean: "Yup."

Sorry, had to mention that, as that's how I saw it. Anyway... Al Gore... I only recognise him from RATM's song Guerrilla Radio. >.< I'm from New Zealand, I know as much about America as you guys know about New Zealand!
Quote by SW-14
It's called "practicing what you preach." Using 20 times the amount the average American uses is just hypocritical. How 'bout Mr. Gore cuts back on his usage before telling everyone else to?

Exactly. And I think we all understand that its about everyone conserving and doing their own part, but when the guy telling you this is consuming more energy in a month than I use in a year, and flying private jets to the Oscars and all over the world, he loses some credibility. He should try leading by example.
Al Gore is a former presidential candidate, and star/writer of "An Inconvenient Truth," which is a "documentary" about global warming.
He must play electric guitar A LOT.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Lol. While global warming is obviously true, I found his documentary shit and I noticed that he exaggerated the threat completely out of proportion.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by iamded
Nelsean: "Thats not good..."
Guitarist132: "Nelseans penis?"
Nelsean: "Yup."

Sorry, had to mention that, as that's how I saw it. Anyway... Al Gore... I only recognise him from RATM's song Guerrilla Radio. >.< I'm from New Zealand, I know as much about America as you guys know about New Zealand!

You can dance your way there from Old Zealand...

If it's true, he's a moron.
Quote by myself101
shut up

just leave him alone, everybody knows its just because he has no friends

I wonder how he manages to use all that electricity. Oh well.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by AzureNight
Lol. While global warming is obviously true, I found his documentary shit and I noticed that he exaggerated the threat completely out of proportion.

when is anything said to be exactly what it is. Everything is exaggerated to some degree.

On Topic, who gives a shite? I don't. Al Gore can do what he wants, He's in America the country that backed out of the Kyoto Agrement to cut emmisions.

Why dont we blame the Chinese instead? There growing insanly fast. Its predicted that by mid century they will over take the Americans in emmisions. If my memory is correct, i remeber a BBC news thing about if the UK stopped emmitting all emmisons completely China would 'replace' our emissions within 2 weeks. What about that?

PSN ID: ArranP
If I understand correctly, the whole idea of An Inconvenient Truth was supposed to show how fossil fuel-based emissions are adding to global warming. Now, unless you can show his house is oil-heated or somehow directly linked to the consumption of fossil fuels, there is no hypocrisy. And last I knew the majority of Tennessee's power was hydroelectric, a no-emissions form of power generation.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's quite obvious that Al Gore is really electro...

Quote by apmaman

Why dont we blame the Chinese instead? There growing insanly fast. Its predicted that by mid century they will over take the Americans in emmisions. If my memory is correct, i remeber a BBC news thing about if the UK stopped emmitting all emmisons completely China would 'replace' our emissions within 2 weeks. What about that?

QTF.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Dirk Gently
If I understand correctly, the whole idea of An Inconvenient Truth was supposed to show how fossil fuel-based emissions are adding to global warming. Now, unless you can show his house is oil-heated or somehow directly linked to the consumption of fossil fuels, there is no hypocrisy. And last I knew the majority of Tennessee's power was hydroelectric, a no-emissions form of power generation.

Considering that about 60% of the power generated by TVA plants is produced by coal, (http://www.tva.com) and the fact that there aren't any hydro plants near Nashville, (
http://www.tva.com/sites/sites_ie2.htm) I think it's safe to say that Gore's electricity isn't generated by a clean source. Hydro plants only account for about 10% of the TVA's power generated, by the way. 60% coal, 30% nuclear.
to be quite honest I'm not buying this "global warming" shit, but that's a whole other discussion.

Al Gore is a douche. He tries to make a point, then counters his own "point", then does what he tells us not to. The man is a lunatic who can convince himself of anything and anyone else of nothing.

/my rant
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by SW-14
Considering that about 60% of the power generated by TVA plants is produced by coal, (http://www.tva.com) and the fact that there aren't any hydro plants near Nashville, (
http://www.tva.com/sites/sites_ie2.htm) I think it's safe to say that Gore's electricity isn't generated by a clean source. Hydro plants only account for about 10% of the TVA's power generated, by the way. 60% coal, 30% nuclear.

That's interesting.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ok, so if you haven't figured out, an average american is unrealistic. An average is taken by using all the numbersm and in america there are alot of highs and lows, concerning the amount of gas or electricity you posted before. So in eefect, he is in a range where alot of americans are using the same amount of gas. You shouldnt use averages to make comparisons, use a complete set of data, mmk?
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by chillininfl
Ok, so if you haven't figured out, an average american is unrealistic. An average is taken by using all the numbersm and in america there are alot of highs and lows, concerning the amount of gas or electricity you posted before. So in eefect, he is in a range where alot of americans are using the same amount of gas. You shouldnt use averages to make comparisons, use a complete set of data, mmk?

Thats retarded. Al Gores whole goal is to bring that average down obviously. Were you being serious?
Quote by JDawg
Thats retarded. Al Gores whole goal is to bring that average down obviously. Were you being serious?

? I support his cause, i was just telling the threadstarter that he was wrong in implying that al gore uses and amount significantly greater than EVERYONE else in america. The way he said it skewed the truth.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by chillininfl
? I support his cause, i was just telling the threadstarter that he was wrong in implying that al gore uses and amount significantly greater than EVERYONE else in america. The way he said it skewed the truth.

Al Gore does use an amount significantly greater then anyone else...
Quote by apmaman
when is anything said to be exactly what it is. Everything is exaggerated to some degree.

On Topic, who gives a shite? I don't. Al Gore can do what he wants, He's in America the country that backed out of the Kyoto Agrement to cut emmisions.

The problem with exaggerating what he was saying is that he presents it as fact when he is in fact using the exaggerations as fear mongering.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
He's got a big house, which costs more to heat and cool. His big house requires more lighting, that requries more power. He's also a very important man who requires computers, phones, faxes, copiers, printers, televisions, radios, and all that stuff. He has to have those bills to be a proper polotician of his stature...
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
But a spokesman for Gore quickly fired back Monday night, claiming, "The Gore's purchase all of their power through the local Green Powerswitch program -- it is 100 percent renewable power."

"In addition, they are in the midst of a renovation which includes installing solar panels on their home, which will enable them to use less power," Gore's spokeswoman Kalee Kreider said in a statement.

/thread
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Page 1 of 2