Page 1 of 2
would you give up all the skills you learned from guitar for 1 million dollars. so if you said yes all your scales and skills and everything else you learned will have to start again.

i wouldnt because it took me long to get where i am now.
Pfff, definately. I've only played like a year so...
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I would work at McDonalds the rest of my life.
Quote by sashki
Suspended for skipping school? Makes perfect logical sense...

"IF YOU DON'T COME TO SCHOOL, WE WON'T LET YOU IN!"
I'm only 16 and have been playing for 2 years now, so yeah, I would
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

yeah. i probably wouldn't pick it up again though.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
yes.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Actually, I sort of almost wish that I could forget everything I learned about guitar, then I could re-learn the right way without getting any bad habits or anything. Or I might just play a different instrument instead, like bass or keyboard.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
well, yeah, seeing as my "skills" are mostly learned from living with a bunch of musicians my whole life rather than from learning guitar, so really, i wouldn't be losing anything, lol. yay, a million quid for nothing! *dances*
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I probably would not, but then again, if I could buy heaps of lessons and shit then yeah I probably would =]

With all that money you could have extra long lessons, buy heaps of vids, magz, and it still wouldn't be that hard to get your skills back. [Well me only been playing bout 17-18 months].
yeah i've only been playing for a little while.. i'd probably take up drums instead haha
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
ive been playing guitar for 2 years im ok'ish at it
but i wouldnt trade in my skills for nothing, there priceless
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
**** aye, get lessons, then no bad habbits, and the rest of the money buy a shit hot guitar and amp, and with the money take the thread starters mum on a night out and screw her brains out!
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Ive been playing for 8 years, I probably wouldn't, BUT if I could use that money to meet Joe Satch and pay him to teach me then MAYBE I'd consider it, chill in his studio and pay close attention the engineering phase of recording an album, editing, mixing, etc. not to mention all the guitars I could buy, amps, pedals etc ..probably build a small studio in my place

by "pay close attention" of course I mean leech on the damn engineers doing whatever they are, ask them question after question and such hehe
Of course.

And with that 1mil I could easily get back to where I was. I'm not that advanced, so that 1mil could EASILY pay for guitar lessons, lesson books, good equipment, and I wouldn't need to work for mannnnnny years, meaning more time to practice.

I didn't have a signature until now.
My guitar playing is my llife and thats the way it should be so no money could bribe me to give up the skills i have attained.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Yea I would. I'm at Music College and therefor surrounded by some great musicians, I'd be able to learn it all again easily.

I've been playing for 10 years though Thats a long time to throw away.
I'd do it in an instant.

Hell I'd do it for like $10,000.

I'm not cheap, I just suck at guitar
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
I would loose my guitar skills, but you didn't say I'd loose the general good lessons I've learned from guitar. So I'd trade my 3 years of skills for a cool $1mil. Then, I'd use my already honed skills of good practice, doing things right the first time, metronomism and dedication to get it back, and probably learn everything I knew in half the time.
Quote by The_G_String
so one day your just gona wake up and put your guitar on your lap and wont even be able to play simple G,C,D,F,A chords. i would freak.

Yes, but you would also have one million dollars.
It's like not I know alot of scales and theory and stuff. But my improvising techniques would be lost

but for a million dollars, yes! I can buy talent!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I would, but the money would just be a second bonus, I liked learning all of that stuff that I learned, and it was a lot of fun doing it. Plus I'd use some of the money to hire a real guitarist for lessons, like satch or somebody. Sweet huh
I inherited around $12 million dollars from my late dad, don't really need the money.

...PSYCHE! I think I would, because I would sit down with my guitar, and very cliche/montage like magically relearn everything in like a month.

The montage song would of course be Eye of the Tiger.
Well, guitar was the last instrument I started playing. So honestly if I lost my guitar skills I'd still have my saxophone skillz. And that means I still retain my finger dexterity, scales and soloing skill. And the only real thing I'd have to relearn would be the actual fingerings which only a simple fingering poster would take. So I'd definately take it
Quote by The_G_String
so one day your just gona wake up and put your guitar on your lap and wont even be able to play simple G,C,D,F,A chords. i would freak.

You can play those chords?!
This is my signature and I'm sticking to it

Hell yeah.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
ummm maybe...i could use the money to learn everything again, you now, learn clasical, jazz flamenco guitar and then get some New gear...but it will never happen so i'm quite shuffed with my skill as it is
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
Hell yes I would, I suck.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
yeah easy. Then i'd buy some brilliant gear and have lessosn from a pro every day. I'd be back up to scratch in 6 months.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
I would, because I haven't been playing for very long. Plus a fresh start would be nice, because I would know what to learn and how to get better than when I first started.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
Page 1 of 2