I made this video a couple of nights ago, I'm not entirely sure what the intent or motivation behind it was but I think I wanted to make something which would get various different reactions.

Personally I'm proud of it, I like it. It's very much a kind of avant garde style of video.

Anyways, give your responses! I'd love to hear what people think.

Also, if anyone else has any other avant garde style videos (similar to this, or something else) chuck it up here too! Be good to get some of this stuff going, it's always fun
I didn't have a signature until now.
WTF Scourge?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
Aahhhh you guys totally miss the point.

It's avant garde.

That's the whole damn point of it! It's weird, it's confusing, etc etc.

Quote by Dictionary.com
a·vant-garde /əˌvɑntˈgɑrd, əˌvænt-, ˌævɑnt-, ˌɑvɑnt-; Fr. avɑ̃ˈgard/ [uh-vahnt-gahrd, uh-vant-, av-ahnt-, ah-vahnt-; Fr. a-vahn-gard]
–noun
1. the advance group in any field, esp. in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods.
–adjective
2. of or pertaining to the experimental treatment of artistic, musical, or literary material.
3. belonging to the avant-garde: an avant-garde composer.
4. unorthodox or daring; radical.
There's good avant garde and there is terrible avant garde.

I suppose 'Eye of the Beholder' has some reference to that, in respect to the love/hate or amazement/confusion 'avant garde' works tend to suffer. It's all a matter of opinion and personal view affected by our personalities and tastes.

That previous paragraph probably gives some meaning to what you did, but in my eyes, it sucks.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yeah but with you, everything I do sucks

Basically what I wanted to get out of everyone was "WTF?! " or something like that. Hell, I almost made some guy piss himself when he was drunk watching it. That's the sorta stuff I wanna get.

Though with UG I should've expected all answers to be like "fuck you" and "you're gay" and stuff
We still love you, Scourge.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
Quote by theguitarist
There's good avant garde and there is terrible avant garde.

To true.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Scourge, I have no idea what the purpose of this video is. Is it to watch it? If so, I don't like it. It's just your eye for 10 minutes and some weird noises. There's no entertainment value in that
It's not the kind of video I'd show to a friend either.

I'm guessing it's for provoking a reaction, if so my reaction is "o...k..." or possibly "scourge, wtf?"

I don't see any value in this, sorry.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There's not meant to be entertainment value, fuck, I wouldn't watch it for entertainment value.

It's to make people go "wtf" mostly
i think i actually said wtf when watching that. I really do think the only words my mouth could utter were What, The, and **** in about 12 different orders even though that is not possible.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
Needs more explosions IMO
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Ok then my third reaction is "you have waaay too much time on your hands"

go play the guitar scourge
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The only reaction it got from me was 'ho-hum'.

There are too many people trying to do things to mark them out as 'different' from the rest and I'm afraid, despite your efforts, this piece just wasn't different or visionary at all.

In my honest opinion, it is so far removed from being avant garde that it is just boring.

Films have a purpose, generally to communicate a message. This has no message, it was only to get a response. That is why I think you failed.
Terms and Conditions apply.
This wasn't avant garde, it was a poor recreation of the new Slayer video.

It was different though. I did say "wtf". I even pronounced it double-you-tee-eff. So I guess you won.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Wtf?
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Quote by Kensai
Ok then my third reaction is "you have waaay too much time on your hands"

go play the guitar scourge
It took about 30 minutes to make, is that really taking up all my precious time?

And alright, so the video's shit. I thought so as well. But I had some footage of my eye on my computer from a year ago, it was 3am, and I wanted to potentially freak out anyone who saw it and make them go "wtf".

And I guess I assumed most of UG would be a bunch of dumb retarded people who'd freak out screaming "wtf" and wanting me dead. I guess I don't really have too much respect for the majority of UGers, eh? Don't give them enough credit
But can ya blame me, really?

Quote by cagnius
Films have a purpose, generally to communicate a message. This has no message, it was only to get a response. That is why I think you failed.
Yeah probably lol. Fuck, I'm a media student, I've had shit on TV for months, don't try and tell me anything about film like that
Yeah, didn't have a message. I didn't want it to have a message. I wanted to put some old stock footage to use and hopefully freak out some people in the process.