Poll: School Important to YOU ?
Poll Options
View poll results: School Important to YOU ?
1 Do not care
10 7%
0 0%
9 7%
11 8%
7 5%
12 9%
26 19%
28 20%
23 17%
10 School is everything
11 8%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 2
Ironicly im in school now and am to lazy to know how to spell Ironicly!! But how important is school to You, On a scale of 1 to 10 ?
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
meh, I put alot of things before school, Im going for the sake of my parents and Gf so..

My grandparents don't pay high amounts for my tuition fee then they learn that I have just been jerkin off at school.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Obviously, threadstarter is PROBABLY about 13 or so, and has just read the word ironically out of the English class reading book. Anyway, when I started school, school was about 7 on the scale, didn't want to go, but it was a great place to start building up social skills. That waned down to about a 5 when homework kicked in. Come GCSE it went up to 8, then down to about 3 when I started playing bass. Come A-Level back up to 8, realising priorities. Upon leaving school and going to university, I felt school was at an importance level of 10, or else I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now, getting rat-arsed with the government's money and doing a degree that'll get me into a job I'd really love to do.

Anyone 16 or under saying school isn't important to them needs to grow up and stop acting cool. Acting cool will not pay the bills.
although i can't stand the immature people there that I have to deal with, it is very important to shaping a good solid future.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
probably about a 9. If i get a B in a class im actually disapointed, I guess its just that my standards a are a little high because of my brothers who always are better than me in the eyes of my mom. I do put guitar at about the same level though
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I think school is incredibly important. I'm 23 and have been in school my entire life, and now come September I have a fantastic job because of it. That's not to say that I don't slack off, procrastinate, and **** around to an extraordinary degree, but I still think it's pretty much the most important thing that you can be involved in at my age.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Obviously, threadstarter is PROBABLY about 13 or so, and has just read the word ironically out of the English class reading book. Anyway, when I started school, school was about 7 on the scale, didn't want to go, but it was a great place to start building up social skills. That waned down to about a 5 when homework kicked in. Come GCSE it went up to 8, then down to about 3 when I started playing bass. Come A-Level back up to 8, realising priorities. Upon leaving school and going to university, I felt school was at an importance level of 10, or else I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now, getting rat-arsed with the government's money and doing a degree that'll get me into a job I'd really love to do.

Anyone 16 or under saying school isn't important to them needs to grow up and stop acting cool. Acting cool will not pay the bills.

I'm more like 15 but close dude.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
i dont enjoy it by any means except for orchestra, band and jazz band but ive managed to be on honor roll all this year by just doing as much as i need to
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
9. School is by far not in the least bit bloody everything, but it's very important, but it isn't the be-all-end-all. That being said, I don't care anymore, as I'm in uni and haven't been to school for three years.
It's pretty important to me, about an 8. But i would never let it take control over my life. :stickpoke
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
I take school very seriously and make sure that I understand everything taught in class. But I won't do homework if I don't feel like i need to in order to understand the concepts.
school is nothing to me and never was, glad i've left.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
you really can't get anywhere without an education to get you there or to fall back on. Even the people you get rich quick eventually go bankrupt if you read into them more. Take Vanilla Ice for example. As a matter of fact, look at him for the prime example.
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
I think school is incredibly important. I'm 23 and have been in school my entire life, and now come September I have a fantastic job because of it. That's not to say that I don't slack off, procrastinate, and **** around to an extraordinary degree, but I still think it's pretty much the most important thing that you can be involved in at my age.

so you were in school from the womb? Amazing.

No but seriously I see you're point, school is highly important, it gets you where you need to be to do what you want to do with your life. I give it a 8 just because some of your future shaping comes from you're actual life, some of the stuff you learn in your classes before college have nothing at all to do with your major and so they are completely useless to you in many cases. But it still is very important.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
When I started off highschool it was about 9. It dropped to 4-5 when I started playing guitar and this year it went up to 7-8 'cause I need to get my diploma. It'll be 8-9 next year 'cause I'll be doing IB which whill get me into a university.
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
9. I do all (or most, if I run out of time before I'm finished) of the work set but I won't do shitty little homework sheets because they are an utter waste of time. Coursework is where its at
Quote by Deliriumbassist

2 things here.

Firstly, if you looked, you'd see the threadstarter is actually not 13 years old.

Secondly, you gave school a 5 before GCSE's. Which would make you under 16.

School got less important to me as time went on. You need the grades to get anywhere in life obviously, but who you are is much more important.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
school is practically everything for me. i think it is very important that everyone get a high school diploma. im on my way towards getting a degree in general studies at a community college, but its something. ill of been here 4 years after next spring(when im getting it, i took last fall off - bad decision).

PS - oh yeah, i rated school as an 8. its extremely important to me, but i still dont try as hard as i should. i have been staying after the last few days to make up work that im missing. you gotta take this shit seriously.
Quote by False_God
meh, I put alot of things before school, Im going for the sake of my parents and Gf so..

Pretty much why i'm still there...I voted 0...school is the biggest waste of time for me...I'd rather live life my own way rather than people judging how well I write essays or how well I can do Calculus. I'm only there because my parents spend a lot of money for a mediocre education that they would do better with saving for old age.
School is the most important thing in your life right now whether you like it or not. You'll go nowhere without an education. You can't even spell and you think you know it all.

LOLZ SKOOL SUXX!!!1

On a side note:
tend to verbaly explode to emo's for being ungratefull

Shut the fuck up. Learn to fucking spell, while you're at it.
Quote by Chex
2 things here.

Firstly, if you looked, you'd see the threadstarter is actually not 13 years old.

Secondly, you gave school a 5 before GCSE's. Which would make you under 16.

School got less important to me as time went on. You need the grades to get anywhere in life obviously, but who you are is much more important.

I was bullied a lot before my GCSEs. That's why I gave school a 5 before GCSEs. And also, those scores are relative to how important I thought school was at those times in my life. As you may/may not have read, I did say, looking back at it all, I gave it a 10, because all aspects of schools made me who I am today.

And do I really care if I was slightly off with his age? Not really.
I never cared much about education until the last year or so.
Now it's one of the most important things in my life.
I voted 9, would've been 10 except I can actually live without it.
I don't like much that they teach in school, English and Computing is about it, but when you go to college it gets even better (even if I did pick subjects I don't want to do anymore ).
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by gunner_011
wat song is it lol satriani??

Don't disgrace Satriani like that.
Quote by Jalapwnage
Pretty much why i'm still there...I voted 0...school is the biggest waste of time for me...I'd rather live life my own way rather than people judging how well I write essays or how well I can do Calculus. I'm only there because my parents spend a lot of money for a mediocre education that they would do better with saving for old age.

I did manual labour, specifically construction work in the summer. When guys were talking to you, writing up their job tickets, filling out union/health/whatever apps ... man you can just tell who took school seriously and who dropped out of high school.

These are some seriously skilled $35-an-hour tradesmen here, but they can't spell shit like "reinforced concrete" or, God forbid, a site foreman named "Omar Rodriguez" (an actual foreman's name, I thought it was awesome) ... it's kind of embarrassing when you go up there and have Omar sign under "Omar Rodregeze" at the jobsite of "Young & Steals" (Yonge & Steeles). What I'm saying is that, basically, you should at least take high school seriously enough so that you don't look like a moron later in life.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
School is really important to me so I said 8. I do all my work and do it well, go to class pretty much everyday and I'm a good student. But I didn't say 10 because at school sometimes I smoke weed then go to class, and could care less if I'm caught because I still demonstrate what a good student does. Also, if I get a bad mark on something, it isn't the end of the world but I try a lot harder the next time.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
put it this way: I should be there right now instead of going on UG

Grade 9 school is ****ing boring. Still manage 79% average without spending more that 30min on homework avg.

Guitar would be a 10 however. That's very important to me

next year though school becomes a 8 or 9 instead of a four

cause it gets interesting and I can take like 3 different music classes

and if i miss a day then, I'm like ****ed cause it goes like 3X as fast.

That's why i'm skipping all i can this year
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Feb 27, 2007,
Last year had no point because our school has joined the accelerated curriculum, now I'm in KS4, our GCSE's begin so thats probably a 9 to me.

School =/= Guitar
About 3. I don't perticually care about most of the things they teach me, and I'm pretty damn sure I won't use most of it but I enjoy some of it and learn some things.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by _ChAkA_
School is really important to me so I said 8. I do all my work and do it well, go to class pretty much everyday and I'm a good student. But I didn't say 10 because at school sometimes I smoke weed then go to class, and could care less if I'm caught because I still demonstrate what a good student does. Also, if I get a bad mark on something, it isn't the end of the world but I try a lot harder the next time.

i used to smoke bud all the time before going to class. its harder with a low tolerance cause of geeking out and all, but as an experienced user, it just makes sitting through class more tolerable. plus time goes by quicker.
8. I don't want to leave but at the same time I do.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
school is useless. you realise that when you leave.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I gave it an 8
its a good thing to get you where you wanna be in the future but u gotta think about the now
i have a new username
Page 1 of 2