Page 1 of 4
So I watched Tenacious D: The Pick Of Destiny
I personally thought that it was boring and the humor was dumb but the final scene was awesome. On of the funniest ones I saw.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Jm3Zb-HSvo

Don't watch it if you are going to see the movie because it's the ending of the movie

EDIT:
lol this got bumped.
Wanted to state that I don't really think that it's the best scene ever, but just a very funny one.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at May 6, 2008,
The scene in back to the future 3 where Doc Brown gets his hat shot off, makes me rofl every time. actually any part of all of the BTTF's !

i think for me its the scenes in Star wars when they fight the death star like the falcon is soo awesome!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Child In Time
Best movie scene: Tenacious D.

Honestly?!

I honestly laughed so much with that scene
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

That movie sucked.

Useless drug humor and cursing for the sake of cursing.

JB: [narrating in song] A long-ass ****in' time ago in a town called Kickapoo / There lived a humble family religious through and through / But yea there was a black sheep and he knew just what to do / His name was young JB and he refused to step in line / A vision he did see of ****ing rocking all the time / He wrote a tasty jam and all the planets did align...
[young JB enters playing a guitar]
Lil' JB: [singing] Oh, the dragon's balls were blazin' as I stepped into his cave / Then I sliced his ****ing cockles with my long and shiny blade / 'Twas I who ****ed the dragon, ****alye sing ****aloo / And if you try to **** with me then I shall **** you too / Gotta get it on in the party zone / I gotsta shoot a load in party zone / Gotta lick a toad in the party zone / Gotta suck a choad in the party zone!
[Jack's father takes him to his room and spanks him]
Jack's Father: [singing] You disobeyed my orders son, why were you ever born? / Your brother's ten times better than you, Jesus loves him more / This music that you've played for us comes from the depths of Hell / Rock'n'roll's the Devil's work, he wants you to rebel.
[begins to tear down JB's rock'n'roll posters]
Jack's Father: You'll become a mindless puppet! Beelzebub will pull the strings! / Your heart will lose direction and chaos it will bring / You better shut your mouth, you better watch your tone / You're grounded for a week with no telephone / Don't let me hear ya cry, don't let me hear ya moan / You gotta praise the Lord when you're in my home!
[Dad storms out, leaving only one poster: one of Ronnie James Dio]
Lil' JB: [singing to the poster] Dio can you hear me, I am lost and so alone / I'm asking for your guidance, won't you come down from your throne? / I need a tight compadre who will teach me how to rock / My father thinks you're evil but man he can suck a **** / Rock is not the Devil's work, it's magical and rad / I'll never rock as long as I am stuck here with my dad.
[the poster comes to life]
Ronnie James Dio: [singing] I hear you brave young Jables, you are hungry for the rock / But to learn the ancient methods, secret doors you must unlock / Escape your father's clutches in this oppressive neighborhood / On a journey you must go to find the land of Hollywood / In the City of Fallen Angels, where the ocean meets the sand / You will form a strong alliance and the world's most awesome band / To find your fame and fortune, through the valley you must walk / You will face your inner demons, now go my son and ROCK!
[JB jumps out the window and runs away from home]
JB: [narrating in song] So he bailed from ****ing Kickapoo with hunger in his heart / And he journeyed far and wide to find the secrets of his art / But in the end he knew that he would find his counterpart / Rock! / Rah-ha-ha-ha-hock / Rah-ha-ha-ha-ha...
[babbles]
JB: Rock!

Quote by HorridxHopes
That movie sucked.

Useless drug humor and cursing for the sake of cursing.

Agree. But the final jam was priceless
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by holybassbatman!
I was so dissapointed with Tenacious D.

X Infinity.

That movie was balls. They only parts I enjoyed were the very beginning with the really o.t.t song and maybe the rock off against satan at the end...and even that could have been done better. They also hinted at playing Tribute, which they didn't. Honestly, I don't mean to piss on your bonfire but that movie was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever paid to see. And I'm not exaggerating.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
The best movie scene in recent years is the final walking-away-bit in Lost in Translation. I cried like a little girl.
Last edited by bluewilliams at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by DisgruntledDuck
X Infinity.

That movie was balls. They only parts I enjoyed were the very beginning with the really o.t.t song and maybe the rock off against satan at the end...and even that could have been done better. They also hinted at playing Tribute, which they didn't. Honestly, I don't mean to piss on your bonfire but that movie was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever paid to see. And I'm not exaggerating.

At least I didn't have to pay to see it
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Best movie scenes in recent years?

The end of Gangs of New York, when Leo bury's his father's knife, and we pull out to see Bill the Butcher and Priest Vallon buried next to each other. Then, as Leo and Cameron walk off screen, a series of dissolves slowly changed into Modern day New York.

Bill Murray strutting down the stairs of Loquasto and the whole gang walking to the Belafonte to David Bowie's "Queen Bitch" in The Life Aquatic.

Joe Pesci looking at the camera and firing his gun as an homage to "The Great Train Robbery" in Goodfellas.

Bill Murray singing "More Than This" by Roxy Music in Lost In Translation.

There's a lot.
Poor advice.
The most recent for me was the scene in Idlewild where the girl dies and Andre 3000 has to prepare her body for her funeral while singing. That scene choked me up.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My favourite movie scene is probably the drill sargeant scene in Full Metal Jacket... love it. I don't like the rest of the film really... but that scene is priceles..

"Hell, I like you, you can come home and fuck my sister!"
Whenever I think about stuff like this I always forget what is actually my favourite....

But the ones that I can remember are:
Clerks 2 - When Randall starts singing King Crimson (I think) lyrics to Elias, so Jay joins in. It's just when Elias runs away with headphones on and they knock him out, cracks me up everytime.
American History X - Bite the curb. Need I say more?

That's all I can remember for now though
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by gunner_011
wat song is it lol satriani??

Don't disgrace Satriani like that.
I love the end of Fight Club. Best movie scene in a long while. Or the scene in Borat where Borat naked fights Azamat.
Quote by stellar_legs

The end of Gangs of New York, when Leo bury's his father's knife, and we pull out to see Bill the Butcher and Priest Vallon buried next to each other. Then, as Leo and Cameron walk off screen, a series of dissolves slowly changed into Modern day New York.

+1
Quote by dogfennell
Whats a "liemthe guy?"
I always like the beginning of Trainspotting, and the Jarhead football scene. The first 45 minutes of Full Metal Jacket.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
There's too many amazing scenes to name. However one that springs to mind is this:

Very powerful.
The Tenacious D film was such a huge disappointment. I waited two years for that piss-poor excuse for a movie.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I really like the opening of Apocalypse Now, if anyone knows what I mean? With "The Doors - The End" playing and the napalm etc. Amazing.

The end of the film Philadelphia also has some powerful scenes.

EDIT: And to those who mentioned Full Metal Jacket, respect. I totally agree
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by Brooks Hadlin

I can't take care of you no more.
You go on now. You're free.

Dear Fellas. I can't believe how
fast things move on the outside.

I saw an automobile once when I was
young. Now they're everywhere.

The world went and got itself in a
big damn hurry.

People even talk faster. And louder.

The parole board got me into this
halfway house called the Brewster,
and a job bagging groceries at the
Foodway...

It's hard work. I try to keep up,
but my hands hurt most of the time.

I don't think the store manager
likes me very much.

Sometimes after work I go to the
park and feed the birds. I keep
thinking Jake might show up and say
hello, but he never does.
I hope wherever he is, he's doing okay and
making new friends.

I have trouble sleeping at night.
The bed is too big. I have bad
dreams, like I'm falling. I wake
up scared. Sometimes it takes me a
while to remember where I am.

Maybe I should get me a gun and rob
the Foodway, so they'd send me home.
I could shoot the manager while I
was at it, sort of like a bonus.

But I guess I'm too old for that
sort of nonsense anymore.

I don't like it here. I'm tired of
being afraid all the time. I've
decided not to stay.
I doubt they'll kick up any fuss.
Not for an old crook like me.

His weight shifts on the wobbly chair -- and it goes out
from under him. His feet remain where they are, kicking feebly
in mid-air. His hat falls to the floor.

ANGLE WIDENS. Brooks has hanged himself. He swings gently,
facing the open window. Traffic noise floats up from below.
I will fuc
Well, good scene in a crappy movie, the last scene in XXX state of the union when they have that one song playing and it shows them rolling their tank up into the white house...

I also like the battle scenes in forrest gump...

The black knight in MP and the holy grail...

The rescue scene in MP and the holy grail
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
'He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!'

'Tis only a flesh wound'

'Is that an African swallow, or a European swallow?'

And the bit in A Clockwork Orange where they start playing Beethoven over the violence video
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
For the more serious movies I would have to say the combat scene in Children of Men or the D-Day scene for Saving Private Ryan.

For Comedy I'd have to say the naked wrestling from Borat.
One of the best movie scenes ever is when Jin and that other guy have an epic fight in a snowy feild in House Of Flying Daggers...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
i actually like the tenacious D ending when jb says "Wait ! wait waaaaait ! you mother ****er" haha i like the ending of shawshank redemption when it shows how he got out of jail, and the ending to second hand lions
Quote by campbell92
I do hate it though, when I trip and a guy pulls his pants down at the same time and his penis goes inside my mouth.
any scene from the Departed.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
In the Fountain, there's a scene at the end where Hugh Jackman sort of "explodes" upon reaching Xibalba, all to the score of Clint Mansell. Awesome.
I'm kinda partial to the ABC scene in Clerks II.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Speaking of the final scene of monty python and the holy grail...

I don't ****ing get it... what's up with the cops?
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
I personnally like the part with sasquatch better
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Page 1 of 4