another collab
this time we try something different ...
crit

cnorthern - background acoustic+begining riff+vocals
me - improvised clean guitar

(basically im doin' the electric and clean in all songs and cnorthern
doin' the acoustic and vocals)

http://www.purevolume.com/bengfeatcnorthern

BTW we fixed "iris" ,the vocals are higher now and ive
added more electric guitar,
let us know how its came out
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Last edited by slash_no_1 at Feb 28, 2007,
Ohhh, this song takes me back...very nice indeed, good lead guitar and vocals. I'm liking the new mix of iris better as well, but the vocals still have a slightly muffled quality, maybe with the capture as opposed to the mix? But i'm nitpicking, all very good overall.
Wow, really nice job on the lead once again slash. Very Gilmour-ish. I thought you were going to add the beginning acoustic part as well. But since you didn't, I will add it and re-send it to you.

Iris still sounds a little funny to me as well. It's probably a quality issue since we send these files back and forth via email. It sounds much better to me in my headphones before I send it.

Nice job again on the lead, sounds great.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Very nice. The acoustic guitar was solid throughout the whole song, and the improv guitar work was well done. It really fit with the mood of the song, and like cnorthern said, was very Gilmour-ish.

The vocals started off a little flat, but it seemed like you corrected it as the song went on. Not the greatest of voices, but eh, what you can do about it. I imagine you included them just to have a complete song, as I usually do, even though I suck at singing.

Care to take a listen to my cover of Another Brick in the Wall? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533835
thanx mates!

im glad its came out Gilmour-ish

and about iris i dont think its that bad...
got some more songs cnorthern ?

and ive updated the song with your intro riff
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Last edited by slash_no_1 at Feb 27, 2007,
It sounds really off on the intro slash. The intro acoustic riff comes in like a beat too late. I don't know how that happened. What recording program are you using?
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

hehe its got nothing to do with the recording prog'
this is how you send it to me, ive just change the volume of your riff
you see... maybe you here it different in your headphones when you
recorded it
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Last edited by slash_no_1 at Feb 27, 2007,
wow, wish u were heer was awsome, man u got like a Dire Straights/Great Big Sea sorta voice, was better on WYWH than iris though, but the instrumentation sounds great, the rhythm section could show a little more oomph though in Iris, but good job on WYWH
Quote by slash_no_1
hehe its got nothing to do with the recording prog'
this is how you send it to me, ive just change the volume of your riff
you see... maybe you here it different in your headphones when you
recorded it

wow, this sorta stinks because I don't even know how to fix this problem. I am mixing it perfectly and it sounds great before I send it to you. I wonder if this is an email problem or something. Maybe I should try and put it on my purevolume account and see if it works better that way. I will put it on mine and make it available for download and see if that works better.

Quote by Scott3229

ok, although i dont think that will solve it dude.. becuse your voice is synchronized
well with the song, i think its got nothing to do with the mail...
the problem is only with that riff, although in iris your guitar sounds good..
try to lower your guitar volume becuase it is very loud..
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Okay my friend.....I re-mixed it and uploaded to my pv account. The volume was a little high, I agree. Take a listen and let me know what you think......

www.purevolume.com/cnorthern

Quote by Scott3229

much better dude i think this is the one..
ive mixed it and updated the song..
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Nice job slash, much better! Like I said before, too bad you don't live close....... we'd be jamming an awful lot.

Quote by Scott3229

hehe
to bad for me too.. i've got the same problem, neither of my friends
can sing good..
but it is a good thing we got the internet
wanna do another collab?
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
definately........i think we should do GNR patience......I can sing most of that, all but the end, LOL. I gotta work for the next few days so I may be able to work on it over the weekend. If not, I will do it on monday and tuesday....

I dont think we will have any drums for it though!! I will listen to it a few times before I try to record it. That will be a fun song to do. I don't think I am skilled enough to do the finger picking but maybe I can lay down some acoustic chords and you can do your thing with the electric. I will attempt some of the fingerpicking stuff. I will email you when I have something.

Quote by Scott3229

cool bro'...
hope you be able to manage somthing with "patience"
if not, we do it with GP5
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
what is GP5?

Quote by Scott3229

Guitar Pro 5 its a midi software that plays song in a midi format
and show you the tabs n' such.. we used it in iris cover
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Very nice cover, sounded as if Gilmour himself was rerecording it. The acoustic guitar sounded perfect, although it sounded like the intro solo was a bit off in timing, but the improv solo sounded really nice.

PS: Thanks for the crit.
Very very good!
Love the guitars! The solo's are awesome Ben! Really really cool!
I couldn't sing it any better but Cnorthern it sounded a little bit out of tune sometimes though I think that with some practice and stuff it could sound much better, try to sing from your belly and stuff and not throat or something I dunno .
You have characteristic voice that's quite cool, I really like your vocals on the updated Iris song!

Anyways, very good ! Sounded very professional, the recording and stuff.
Would love to hear more songs!
thanx C'

i just LOVE your crits
we workin' on "patience" of GnR now, hope it will be ready by the weekend.
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Quote by slash_no_1
thanx C'

i just LOVE your crits
we workin' on "patience" of GnR now, hope it will be ready by the weekend.

Looking forward to your new song
Very good.. I really like the vocals.. Also the solo's are very well done. Great tone from the both the electric and the acoustic. Timing was subberb with the backing track.
I enjoyed that alot..
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.