Hi. i was planning on getting a new strat with a maple fingerboard. i have thought of either getting a mexi, a '50's or a '70's. i play alot of funk and blues, with the odd rock, like clapton, SRV, frusciante and hendrix. also, what colours look good on strats with maple fingerboards? i was thinking either arctic white, black, sunburst or surf green, but any other suggestions will be accepted. i would love to try out these guitars, but i havent got a chance to travel to a guitar store, as the local one closed down. thanks in advance.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
the aged (artic) white, black or surf green would look ace, although you can only get surf green on the 50s strats. i personally love the 70s strats for the big headstock which in conjunction with the bullet truss rod gives it better sustain overall. my dream strat would be one in surf green with a reversed 70s headstock, but thats a little unlikely.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
well im not too sure whether i like the humungous headstocks or not. i was thinking of a '50's strat, do they come with skunk stripes btw?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
cool, i guess ill either get it in white, surf green, sunburst or black. not sure about daphne blue though.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
dunno whether im too keen on gold ones, from what ive seen.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Carvin Bolt.

Absolutely blows every MIA Fender that I've ever played away in terms of playability and build quality (and they weren't even customized to me).

Do it and thank me later.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
shits the chronic? btw is it 3 tone or 2?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i might get flamed from this, but i actually prefer the look of strats to carvin bolts.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
http://www.thomann.de/ie/search_dir.html?sid=f20e131244d230cba4961f790ce2f8a8&sw=fender+classic+player

the classic player strats have a great spec list such as custom shop pups and custom shop vibrato.they are pretty much the same as the regular 50's,60's,70's strats only downside with em is VERY limited colour options.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

the only problem is, i might not be able to afford one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
how much did yours cost, im tempted. i really like olympic white and rosewood, and i think your strats teh secks.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Makes me laugh how you ask for a guitar on a budget and are told to save for a custom shop Carvin :P

Consider Lite Ash Strats too - Just look at the specs!

I'm selling my LP to get a Strat of a similar price to your budget, and our musical tastes are pretty much identical, so I'm watching pretty eagerly here

Oh, and I'd recommend the 50's Strat, you say you play alot of Funk and Blues, for which you mainly use clean tones, and the original 50's Strat tones are heralded as 'it' when it comes to tone. Just whack a fuzz in front of your amp for Hendrix, and an OD for Clapton/SRV and you're sorted really
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
cool, i was planning on an od and fuzz after the amp and strat. high five on the (pretty much) identical musical tastes!
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
olympic white 50's strat, hendrix had one, but was build in 1968, not the 50's, the above is my choice
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

cool, i like the white, but i wasnt sure about the big headstocks on 70s, but on the 50's it should look cool
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
so right now, im gonna get either a sunburst, black, surf green or white strat. i will try to put a poll up too. howdya start a poll btw? if i cant do it in this thread, ill delete this thread and make a new one with the poll.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by bvoets14
i have sunburst with maple... shits the chronic

Sunburst and maple is meant to be...oyeahhh!!!
cool, take this to my other thread, the one about 50s strat colours
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
how much did yours cost, im tempted. i really like olympic white and rosewood, and i think your strats teh secks.

mine costed 500 USD (great deal) and sound like an american + is made in 1985
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
you lucky, lucky guy, $500 for that beauty, and its vintage
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by MrCarrot
Makes me laugh how you ask for a guitar on a budget and are told to save for a custom shop Carvin :P

He was looking into the Classic Series.

Fender Classic 70s Strat = $670

Fender Classic 50s Strat = $630 - $665

Carvin Bolt w/ Wilkinson Trem - $670
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.