One of Austin's finest (although they were called The Stains then).
Saw 'em on the Rock Against Reagan Tour in '84.

No riot when I saw 'em, but friends of mine were at many MDC shows in California that ended in riots. Apparently, cops didn't like the "Millions Of Dead Cops" thing and would destroy MDC shows and attack the band and fans.

Always liked "John Wayne Was A Nazi" and "Chicken Squawk".
Was especially proud of them for spreading the word about HR being a homophobe.

The comp they put out on their label R Radical, P.E.A.C.E. is one of the best comps from the 80s.
It all strengthens my belief that the best punk bands formed in the 70s.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
they are great...i think warm and fuzzy put em up on gmail...not sure...but i loves them...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I got an MDC shirt, and I wear at school sometimes and the schoolcop stopped me one day and looked at it, and was like, "Nice shirt, it's good of you to support you police." He thought it was praising policemen. I didn't say anything to change my mind, 'cause, well, you know how pigs are.
Such a good band. My favorite punk rock game to play is think of acronyms that fit MDC.

Mighty Dank Chodes
My Dick Cracked
Molten Dripping Cum

et. al.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by UraniYum
Yeah man i was just about to listen to them.

Same here, I was actually gonna buy one of their albums the other day, but didn't have enough money to get both that one and another one I was getting. Definitely on my list though...
i can't believe I've never got into them. it seems every time i go run down to the cd store to buy a record, i think of buying mdc but always get misguided. i do that all the time. but some day i will buy some MDC!!!!
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
what a ****ed up band name. but yet its so awesome at the same time.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by ratmjb1212
what a ****ed up band name. but yet its so awesome at the same time.

what's so ****ed up about it? dude, are you seriously feeling sympathy for the police.....
Quote by Mav-16
what's so ****ed up about it? dude, are you seriously feeling sympathy for the police.....

If he wants to sympathize with the police, let him, and get over it. Not all police are pigs.
not police, but millions of dead PEOPLE in general is just horrific.

i know, im a hippy.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by ratmjb1212
not police, but millions of dead PEOPLE in general is just horrific.

i know, im a hippy.

I agree. It's okay to be anti-police, but talking about killing them is just ignorant. I'm not totally sure that MDC were serious with that name, though.

Not a huge MDC fan, but some of their stuff is okay.
Dude, whatever. They have one of the best names in punk. The only reason someone wouldn't like their name is because they didn't think of it... or they've never encoutered the police in the way most of us have.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
Dude, whatever. They have one of the best names in punk. The only reason someone wouldn't like their name is because they didn't think of it... or they've never encoutered the police in the way most of us have.

exactly

but yeah, back to the BAND not the name, what is there BEST album for me to pick up when i get my paycheck tommorow?
****in pigs, ****in pigs,
we're against the ****in pigs,
stab them with some dirty rigs,
bury them under dirt and twigs,
gotta hate that gang of ****in pigs.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

i hate suburban cops, they suck...ego tripping bastards...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Cheers dude, this is awesome stuff.

i thought hardcore sucked?
oh but johnnynemo likes them so i guess its okay to like them
haha did anyone every hear their song about Ian Stuart from Skrewdriver's death
i think its called "Nazis Shouldnt Drive"
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by stagasarus8
haha did anyone every hear their song about Ian Stuart from Skrewdriver's death
i think its called "Nazis Shouldnt Drive"

damn good song.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Prince
i thought hardcore sucked?
oh but johnnynemo likes them so i guess its okay to like them

Pah, you're just jealous because I'm not copying you to look punk rock!

EDIT: Plus I never said I didn't like hardcore. I remain a huge partisans fan to this day, and I myself have even dabbled in the genre, producing songs of a high calibre, like "there ain't no freedom", "holycaust" and "I don't watch mtv cause mtv is shit"

EDIT2: And the old abrasive wheels.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Mar 23, 2007,
I bought a CD yesterday that has both the s/t and "More Dead Cops" on it. I like it a lot.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by mike2
****in pigs, ****in pigs,
we're against the ****in pigs,
stab them with some dirty rigs,
bury them under dirt and twigs,
gotta hate that gang of ****in pigs.

Wow, leftover crack is starting to get real old. Almost 1/2 songs by them has the word Pig and kill cops in it.