Quote by fourstringpunk
www.myspace.com/sylosis

Uk metalcore in the vein of Lamb of God.

I personally love them, their EP is amazing and they're really good live. Theyre in this months issue of Total Guitar as the UKs great metal hopes.

Thoughts?

You dick.
I was walking to my girlfriends from college telling myself to write a Sylosis thread here.
But yes.Absolutely brilliant band.
But I think they're more like Unearth to be fair.
Lamb Of God riffs tend to be less about the melody and more about how many chromatic fills can fit into one song.
Unearth are more about the melodic heavy riffs which is more Sylosis.
They're ok but not really my fav Hardcore Band, some of their riffs are pretty good tho.

Relating to your avatar; Eternal Lord however Are one of my favs, not enough love for them on this board from what ive read.
Eternal Lord do indeed own quite a bit. Sylosis is wicked too, really talented. I heard them on the IATDE 25 track CD that they give you with pratically anything you buy off them. Also if you've ever heard of them, a band called Errander who are also on IATDE are really good. If you haven't heard them, defintely check them out.
rites of nothing.
Kinda boring if you ask me. I hate LoG though.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by dead_kennedy
Eternal Lord do indeed own quite a bit. Sylosis is wicked too, really talented. I heard them on the IATDE 25 track CD that they give you with pratically anything you buy off them. Also if you've ever heard of them, a band called Errander who are also on IATDE are really good. If you haven't heard them, defintely check them out.

IMO Eternal Lord only started showing their full potential with the Azriel split, but now Johnson and Sam have left i cant imagine what its gunna sound like.

Errander own, but Centurion own more.

UK metal is amazing at the moment if you ask me.
Yeah im into Centurion and that kinda stuff too, and Azriel,

you heading to Chaos fest in the Summer? Couldnt find a thread about it on here and was gonna start one. Dunno which is the right one to post it in tho, couldnt see a 'gigs' board.

Was gonna go to the All That Remains tour just to hear how E-Lord's new singer sounds.

And was gonna go to the BMTH Show (even though i hate them) to catch Azriel's new stuff and to see IKTPQ again as they slayed opening for Bleeding Through the other night and they only got 4 songs or summin.

thread hi-jacked.
Last edited by Fiddler at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by Fiddler
Yeah im into Centurion and that kinda stuff too, and Azriel,

you heading to Chaos fest in the Summer? Couldnt find a thread about it on here and was gonna start one. Dunno which is the right one to post it in tho, couldnt see a 'gigs' board.

Was gonna go to the All That Remains tour just to hear how E-Lord's new singer sounds.

And was gonna go to the BMTH Show (even though i hate them) to catch Azriel's new stuff and to see IKTPQ again as they slayed opening for Bleeding Through the other night and they only got 4 songs or summin.

thread hi-jacked.

My band is playing Hull Metalfest with Centurion, Eternal Lord, TTEOTD and all that shabaz.

If you wanna hear E-Lords new vocaliser check out the Hurt Process, it's the same dude.

Azriel is joining the same label as BMTh and Lostprophets apparently (visible noise) so they're going up in the world, but the album is proving to be more elusive than chinese democracy haha.
Hull is to much of a mission from Essex but i was tempted by the Hull Fest.

Whats your bands name so i can myspace them up?
Am I the only one who doesn't consider them like LoG?

They're more Unearth/Trivium/BFMV. But yeah great band. Getting Casting Shadows next week hopefully.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Their new EP is sick! I think it's ace that they've signed to Nuclear Blast. about time they got some recognition.
Seem to remember the singer from LOG citing these guys as his favourite UK band, hence the comparisons.

Looking forward to the full length!