I'm starting singing to compliment my guitar, and I was just wondering if any of you could give me some advice or pointers. Basically, I don't know where to start. Is it all about "practice makes perfect"? or are there certain things you should pay attention to?
Make sure your tone stays steady thats the only thing i ever got told when i got lessons! Nothing worse than a voice slipping and sliding all around the right note!

Oooh and Know your limits
i dont think everyone can sing slash would do it then
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
no not anything, everything
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
When singing, try to sing like your yawning, this exorsises the musclea in your throat to pull up your pallet.

Alot of people make the mistake of thinking that somone is singing much higer then what is physically possible, but are infact just projecting their voice. A good example of this is Steve winwood.

Sing all the time and to the radio, practise scales and breathing etc. youll noice a differnce after a short while.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
go to Musician's talk. there is an only vocals tip thread.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!