Page 1 of 2
Discuss the greatness that is robot wars. I used to watch this program when i was a kid, but it dissapeared years ago. Just seeing if Robot Wars was something anyone watched while it existed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzraVXP-5KQ
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
It was quite good, Dead Metal was my favourite house bot

On the other hand, I absolutley HATED Craig Charles, he did my head in
I liked it for about 5 minutes. After a while it was nothing but doorstops crashing into each other.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Yes i remember that I've been to a robot event before too, it was teh pwn! (not the actual competition)

i think it's a yearly event at ironbridge, the enginuity museum, usually around may/june... dunno if they still do it but it went on for a bit.. i went to the first one.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I certainly did. Razer ftw!

Razer and Panic Attack were my favorites.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
That's not a robot, I'M a robot. Stupid.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
I started makeing one to go on the show only got as far as making it from cardboard!!
I was about 6 so i thought that i could make anything from cardboard!!

Why did they cancel it i used to love Friday nights it had Double Simpson then Robot wars nothing better!!!
Its still on on sky one i think? and craig charles is an absolute nobber. good in red dwarf though
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Anyone remember the first series, where Jeremy Clarkson hosted it? Classic...
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by Grundy0
I started makeing one to go on the show only got as far as making it from cardboard!!
I was about 6 so i thought that i could make anything from cardboard!!

Why did they cancel it i used to love Friday nights it had Double Simpson then Robot wars nothing better!!!

yeah that was teh pwn. i hated it when they replaced a second Simpsons with the fresh prince of bel-air... that was crap but i had to watch it cus it was between the things i wanted to watch...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Private Iron: The most effective battle-bot since Sir Killalot first killed a lot.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp

Private Iron, the most effective battle-bot since Sir Killalot first killed a lot.

You sir, are a clear winner!

Timmy........fetch me my tools....
Quote by Smokey Amp

Private Iron, the most effective battle-bot since Sir Killalot first killed a lot.

hang on a sec, isn't that the one from spaced?

Quote by Blompcube
hang on a sec, isn't that the one from spaced?

Indeed. Glad to see a fan.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Timmy........fetch me my tools....

Gosh this brings back memories haha, I hated that stupid flippy thing that always won. Mainly because the owner had a stupid voice and was generally twattish.

And yes, hypnodisk FTW

Cheers.
Quote by sofubar
Gosh this brings back memories haha, I hated that stupid flippy thing that always won. Mainly because the owner had a stupid voice and was generally twattish.

And yes, hypnodisk FTW

Cheers.

lol yeah, me and my dad had a hard time figuring out the gender of that guy who owned Chaos 2. And yep, Hypno-Disk gets my second best place. Probably that Pussycat thing third.
Quote by sofubar

And yes, hypnodisk FTW

Cheers.

Chaos 2 lmao. Actually his voice wasn't so strange if you meet him in person, just sounded worse on the TV (pitch shifted lol?)

If you watched past that, chaos 2 got pwned out of the arena by a newcomer in one of the early rounds one time and never came back

Oh yea and has anyone got a link to the one where one of the house robots got totally pwnt? I think it was matilda or something (that was always the worst house robot to me)

Cheers.
Behemoth vs razor! that would have been a hell of a fight behemoth is near indestructible and razors crushing pincer wouldnt be able to get on top of the chassis
Quote by sofubar
Oh yea and has anyone got a link to the one where one of the house robots got totally pwnt? I think it was matilda or something (that was always the worst house robot to me)

Cheers.

should be pretty easy to find on youtube... matilda was always getting super owned... ever since the first series...

anyone remember when sgt. bash literally exploded? apparently it happened, but i missed it... wanna see that lol.

Quote by sofubar

Cheers.

Mathilda always managed to get its shell ripped off. The best house robot was Srg.
Bash.

Which was the house robot with the gripping claws and the spin blade? Was that Shunt? Anyway, that one was awesome too.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Which was the house robot with the gripping claws and the spin blade? Was that Shunt? Anyway, that one was awesome too.

dead metal. Shunt was the one with the axe.

Quote by Blompcube
dead metal. Shunt was the one with the axe.

Ah, yes. I thought Shunt was the one with the axe that looks like a snow plough, but I wasn't sure.

Dead Metal was awesome.

Used to watch it a lot when I was younger. When Sir Killalot picked other robots up and dropped them down a pit was great.
Dead Metal was the shit. And what an awesome name.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I certainly did. Razer ftw!

Fan boy...

Road Block FTW.

Quote by steee21
It was good for the first series, then it got boring.

Roadblock owned.

You sir... are cool.
Last edited by Woo!Yay! at Feb 27, 2007,
robot wars was cool when i was in year 6 (im now in sixth form a.k.a. year 12) now its just boring and crap. back in the days when it used to pwn, Sir Killalot was pure ownage. now hes just crap sadly.

*sigh* those were the days...
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
it was a cool show

can remember when sir killalot was set alight

hyptnodisk was cool, and razor was unexpectedly good

there was a pc game made of it, but i never got it, should check out ebay or somewhere else online for the game, see what its like

it wasn't the best until the second series because no1 knew how to make really good robots so most were slow and simple. can remember the road sign ramp 1 won the 1st series, though all it was was a robot which had wheels and a ramp

the first time a robot flipped itself back upright was cool because had never seen it before on the show.
My mate actually entered and was on robot wars on like series 5 or somthing, except they completly edited out the bit where they talk about how they made there robots from wheelchair motors and lexan.... because i wouldnt know about building robots *looks shifty*
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I remember this match!

It was an awesome show, but some robots were useless, and it was often pretty obvious.

I was never a fan of Chaos 2. I'm surprised so few robots have self-righting mechanisms, while so many others had flippers. BE PREPARED!
the one that flipped everything around like no-bodys bussiness was great, even though it never won a competition.

i remember RAZOR won the world championship and on the way pwned matilda by leaving the bot in a lot od bits across the arena

and for pure destruction the winner has to be hypno disc

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4cHWS2758 Razor pwning matilda
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Last edited by fire within at Feb 27, 2007,
Page 1 of 2