i want an amp around 20watts (i only do bedroom practise so 20 isnt really necesery, but i would like the option to be loud if i ever wanted to =^D)
i want one that will give a good sound with a multieffects processer (gt8) and i dont believe i have a udget (i assume a practice amp wont be much)
i play music from children of bodom and dragonforce to hendrix and queen so it needs to be versitile.
also, can you get a practice amp with tubes or is that only on higher price/watage amps?

thanks in advance
-brodo-
400bux, peavey valveking 112, i have one and its awesome, 50 watt tube. it maybe too much power for the bedroom practice though. another tube amp that you could check out is the fender blues junior, i believe its 15 watts. other than that you could check out vox valvetronix, everybody on this site seems to think they're the best thing ever but i bought the valveking. True tube over imitation tube wasn't a tough decision for me.
Quote by russ2681
You can't go far wrong with a Marshall, check out this 30W model

Marshall

Are you serious? How you ever been on this forum before?
Quote by russ2681
You can't go far wrong with a Marshall, check out this 30W model

Marshall

i think this calls for one serious MG bashing.......

NEVER UPON NEVER BUY A MARSHALL MG!!!!!!!!!!!

they are absolutely shite. in fact plugging your guitar into an actual turd would make a better sound than those things.

try a roland cube 20x or one of the vox modelling amps. they are probably your best bet
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by mr_hankey
Are you serious? How you ever been on this forum before?

^^LMAO^^ [its so true]

Quote by loki_lulamen
i think this calls for one serious MG bashing.......

NEVER UPON NEVER BUY A MARSHALL MG!!!!!!!!!!!

they are absolutely shite. in fact plugging your guitar into an actual turd would make a better sound than those things.

And what he said^^^^^^^ just because it says Marshall on it doesn't mean anything.

IMO go with a low wattage tube, like the Epiphone Valve Jr.
If you like metal try out a cube. I use a cube 30 for home practice and it's awesome at lower volumes. It even has enough juice to play with a drummer.
LOL MG's BLOW

Look at the crate v/palamino series, fender junior blues, and epiphone valve junior
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
A 5W tube amp will rival a 20W SS amp in volume.

If you're looking for something to plug your processor into that will sound it's best, on a budget, the Epi Valve Junior might be a good choice for you.

The Valvetronix/Cube can be nice amps, but the people who are buying them generally intend to use the on board effects. Doesn't sound like you'd get much use out of them.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by VRGNR08
LOL MG's BLOW

Look at the crate v/palamino series, fender junior blues, and epiphone valve junior

Yea, either a 15 or 30 version of one of these bad boys should do you good
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/crate-amplifiers-speakers-footswitches-tube-hybrid-bass-amplifiers-speakers?N=100001+306271+201228&page=1

[not saying this is better than the valve jr. but its something to consider]