well now
my first everperformance coming up in two days (not actually nervous at all), I'm playing red hot chili peppers - higher ground in front of about 1000 people overall for this fashion show (2 shows, 500 people each time)
and i'm on bass. I haven't been playing slap bass for too long, and my fingers are starting to suffer because of the pops. I have 3 blisters on just my middle finger and at the moment i've been playing through them, just ignoring the pain, but i think its gonna mess them up

my guitarist has told me, that putting them in urine makes them harder, is this true, or are there any cheap ways of hardening your fingers?

otherwise, just wish me luck
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
i wish you luck..

urine???
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
put cement in the skin like Flea
then youll be poppin like him in no time.
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
super glue?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
I've been playing bass for a while and I'm wondering what is so great about the "slap and pop" technique. If someone could please enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Quote by WhiteHelljumper
I've been playing bass for a while and I'm wondering what is so great about the "slap and pop" technique. If someone could please enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Well its another tool in your bass playing arsenal, just like fingerpicking for guitar, It's always worth learning.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
"Baseball players have been known to piss on their hands to toughen up their palms to keep the bat from slipping. Moses Alou was the last one I recall hearing about. Supposedly the urea hardens the skin. As a delivery device for urea, lotion is much more effective than pee; in order for the urea in urine to have an effect, you'd need to soak your hands long enough for the urea to be absorbed by your skin, at least five minutes. While there's no hygiene-related reason not to do so—"Urine is sterile, if a bit gross," writes Stanford dermatology professor Dr. Alexa Boer Kimball in an e-mail—those with eczema or dermatitis may see their conditions exacerbated by contact with urine."

so yeah.... it works, but good luck with that
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by seanie!
"Baseball players have been known to piss on their hands to toughen up their palms to keep the bat from slipping. Moses Alou was the last one I recall hearing about. Supposedly the urea hardens the skin. As a delivery device for urea, lotion is much more effective than pee; in order for the urea in urine to have an effect, you'd need to soak your hands long enough for the urea to be absorbed by your skin, at least five minutes. While there's no hygiene-related reason not to do so—"Urine is sterile, if a bit gross," writes Stanford dermatology professor Dr. Alexa Boer Kimball in an e-mail—those with eczema or dermatitis may see their conditions exacerbated by contact with urine."

so yeah.... it works, but good luck with that

So if I decided to use sombodys open chest as a urinal in the middle of surgery they would be cool with this?
I have always found that punching emo's repeatedly in the face effectively builds finger strength and calluses.
Free your mind
Last edited by why1not1try at Feb 27, 2007,
hehe, don't worry, i decided to check first before actually doing it

and well WhiteHellJumper, Higher Ground wouldn't sound right just by finger picking

I'm not one of those people that, once i've learnt how to play slap bass, will try playing every song like that, but i like the sound of it
Quote by why1not1try
I have always found that punching emo's repeatedly in the face builds finger strength and calluses.

FUUnY!
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
My fingers still aren't hard... soft as a baby's bottom in fact. I've been playing bass for three years now, what the hell?
Quote by slash321
someone once told me that rubbing your fingers on the under side of school desks (the corky material) helps harden your finger tips. dont know if it works or not though.

Good Luck!!

...I think they were trying to get you to rub your hands all over used gum.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by HorridxHopes
My fingers still aren't hard... soft as a baby's bottom in fact. I've been playing bass for three years now, what the hell?

2 years for me, my index finger is quite hard, but i used to bite the blisters off my middle finger... i thought it would stop them hurting!

damn common sense
Fiddling with my guitar when watching T.V. and while on the computer really helped me build up finger strength and hardened my fingertips
Trust in me and fall aswell.