I have a low end Ibanez which I love but I have a feeling I'm eventually going to want to upgrade the pickups (well, at least the bridge pup). It has a stock Powersound 2 in the bridge and a Powersound 1 in the neck I believe (both humbuckers). First of all, should I bother upgrading to something better? Will I notice a diff? And if so, what would you recommend? If I go really high end like some EMG 85's or something, I will only upgrade the bridge cause it is a bit silly to have a pair of pups that equal the value of the guitar. Thanks for reading, please help
youll notice a difference, but i think you should probably save up for a good guitar, something higher end within the next year or two. besides, wood type makes the biggest sound difference*, not the pups.

*Excluding the amp.
Quote by toddpens8771
youll notice a difference, but i think you should probably save up for a good guitar, something higher end within the next year or two. besides, wood type makes the biggest sound difference*, not the pups.

*Excluding the amp.

Yeah, maybe you're right...and I do have a good amp...Cube 30x.

Any other suggestions?
yeah...

SAVE SAVE SAVE!!! How old are you? maybe if your around 15 get a part time job or something to help you save.
it all depends on the tone u are lookin for, like while mahagony will give you kind of a richer, fuller tone (dont xactly know how to describe it), alder will give ou a brighter tone, agathis will not give u a very good tone. also there is no use of puttin emgs in ur guitar if it is basswood or agathis cuz it will no bring out the best of the tone

Cheers
Quote by murt112
it all depends on the tone u are lookin for, like while mahagony will give you kind of a richer, fuller tone (dont xactly know how to describe it), alder will give ou a brighter tone, agathis will not give u a very good tone. also there is no use of puttin emgs in ur guitar if it is basswood or agathis cuz it will no bring out the best of the tone

Cheers

My guitar is agathis and I have no problem with the tone...I just wish the pickups were a little less muddy