im buying them off someone online. two emg 81's for $120 USDA plus shipping.
my friend said that EMG's dont look like that...they dont compared to the other ones...anyway , can these be legit , are they , or is it like soom bootleg Select brand EMG? i asked him if he would clarify on the year purchased , the serial number , etc , but he was avoidant of the questions and said i was being paranoid and to get some sleep ( it was around 3am )

also i think he owns futureworlds.net which sells and trades muci equipment...please check out that site too

Futureworld music

Front of the EMG's

Back of them

so what do you guys think? thanks

ALSO , a very important question.

my new Schecter C1-Classic has a 5 way selector switch. Are EMG's compatible? will there be a problem or...? right now they have duncan designed pickups
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
Last edited by stonedkirby at Feb 27, 2007,
They don't look like any I've seen before. They don't have the quick connect cables, though I'm not sure if this is just a recent addition to EMGs or not.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
yeah...they might be older emgs tho?
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
You think they look suspicius = don't buy it!

Don't act like people who buy "Bill Lawrence USA" pickups thinking they are "the" real "Bill Lawrence" - they notice the different look, lower price, unauthorised dealer etc but they buy them anyway and then say that "the BL pickups sucks"... Buy pickups in authorised dealer's shop, pay a little bit more but be 100% sure you bought right pickups... These look like luthier's made or something like that...
IMHO the site looks a little fishy. First off it looks like a 1990's geocity homepage and the fact that it has a horrible layout for the items they are trying to sell makes me lean to a complete noob to web design. Most people who set up websites to sell items at least get it so that the setup looks good. Plus they used animated gifs which is a no no unless it is your company logo and they have a "Danger/High Voltage" one on the last page. Even then it is hard to find a professinal webstie that has an animated gif as their logo. Not to mention the fact that I seen no physical address to contact them if anything was to go wrong.

I would not buy anything from that site, but that is me.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
they look a bit dodgy to me =/ an it looks like the second one doesnt have the EMG logo on it, i aint seen many EMG's without their logo
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Not sure, I'm not really familiar with EMGs as lets say, they aren't my favourite pickups, especially 81s (not for me at all).

The quick connect cables may be just a recent addition, but I doubt it. I've never seen the bases of them like that, and never seen those types of labels before either, but they may well be legit, but to my eyes they look a bit dodgy. Just wait for an EMG know-it-all to come in here
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

I have seen other pickups emg pickups like that, but they were said to be the old emg pickups. Don't know if it is true.
some other people are trying to sell emg pickups that look like the ones you mention. Maybe you can ask them questions or try the emginc site.
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59169
http://cgi.ebay.com/complete-set-2-EMG-81-active-pickups_W0QQitemZ200083479167QQihZ010QQcategoryZ41427QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
They look suspicious to me.

As for the 5-way question. No, EMGs don't work with 5 way switches, unless there's 3 of them.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i have an 85 with the orange back like that, they're just really old. iIt works perfetly with a 2004 model 81 in the bridge, and you can still see the logo on one of the ones in that picture of the front.

they are legit.
They are fine, old EMGs used to look like that many years ago. The quick release clips have only been added in the last five (at least, maybe eight) or so years. The model number on the back is an old style sticker. The orange resin, i have seen before. The logo missing from the front is common if its been well used.... it rubs off, especially on the older ones.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
^ I had a feeling the quick connect was only a recent addition.

Quote by Will_Minus
They look suspicious to me.

As for the 5-way question. No, EMGs don't work with 5 way switches, unless there's 3 of them.

emgs do work with a 5-way, but it will have to function like a 3 way. My ibanez has a 5 way with emg 81 & emg 85.
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
I ment they don't work like normal pickups, specificly the stock pickups, with the stock 5 way.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

the pic of the emgs in front, one of them dont have the "emg" symbol and looks like it was made out of another material and in the pic of the back, the silicone is green on mine not yellow like in the pic.. so that means those are either really old or are mach-ups to jip ya
They don't look right to me. Yeah, they could be old ones, but to tell you the truth, your better off buying them new. I got a Zakk Wylde set for $150 brand new. Then you know they are legit, and that they actually work
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Wait, wait, wait.

You're risking knockoffs to save 30 dollars? The person who's selling those EMGs is a horrible salesperson. You can't/shouldn't sell ANYTHING used for anything more than 75% of the origional price, much less something that's noticibly used.

EDIT: Errr, ignore my post. The 81s are $124 USD new.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by Will_Minus
EDIT: Errr, ignore my post. The 81s are $124 USD new.

81s for $124 new, now those are overpriced. For $124 they better install the pickups too.
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
According to the EMG website, they are.

EDIT: Here.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 27, 2007,