i was searching around ebay and came across this, and wondered what some other UGers thought. its a modified VJ combo,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Highly-Modified-Epiphone-Valve-Junior-5W-Class-A-Combo_W0QQitemZ250088507330QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now, baring in mind the ebayer that is selling this is selling the mods that hes done to the VJ for £32.99 does it not seem excessive to be seeling the modded VJ at £220?
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

He's charging you for his time to do the work. Would I pay it? No. I don't even know if I'd pay for his mod kit. But reading the ad, it looks like someone bought the identical amp last week. I guess it's worth it to some folks. It is quite a bit of modding.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm sceptical, his "knowledge" sounds a bit suspect. He states that "ALL VALVE AMPS SHOULD HAVE A STANDBY SWITCH (WITHOUT EXCEPTION!!!!)"

I mean, I know jack shit about valves and amps, and even I know that valve rectifiers take a similar amount of time (depending on which valve recto you use, granted) as the pre and power amp tubes to warm up, so you could easily make the argument that it's not essential in most amps which have valve rectifiers, at least from a protecting the tubes at turn-on point of view. Granted, the VJ has an SS rectifier, but he does say "WITHOUT EXCEPTION".

As I said, I'm sceptical. As slats says, it might be worth it to some, but that does sound a lot, for not too many mods. Plus, it sounds like he's overselling, and doesn't really know what he's talking about.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If someone doesn't wanna' do the mods themself they might be willing to pay that price.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ yeah, but that's a lot even for not doing it yourself.

plus, as I said, I'm sceptical about letting someone do mods who is either knowledgeable and lying to sell more stuff, or else not knowledgeable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?