So I went back to GC today for strings, and saw a used Schecter Devil guitar. It had a set neck with flame inlays. The used price on it was $349. I cannot remember the new price, and no one seems to carry it anymore. Is that guitar worth what they are asking?
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
I've always wanted to run with a big stick through GC and knock off all the guitars. Then just run away screaming like a girl.

oh, and yeah, that's a nice guitar. Look it up on google or something to find the original price, to see if it's worth it.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
I've always wanted to run with a big stick through GC and knock off all the guitars. Then just run away screaming like a girl.

HAHAHA! I would love to do that too, but I know half of the people who work there, so that would not be too good. Fortunately the people that work at our GC worked at other local shops for years and years, and have a great understanding of the instruments they sell/repair. Unfortunately they do have a couple of teens that could not tell an Epiphone LP Special from a Gibson LP Custom. (not talking bad about Epiphones, just the lack of knowledge of the younger employees!) So of course they try to sell uneducated people(instrument wise) on the cheapest things they have in the store.

I did some searching, and some guitar stores sell the tribal version for $449. But I have not been able to find the flame inlay version. But since it is basically the same guitar with different inlays, that should not matter. I may try to talk them down to a more reasonable price since I know they only gave the person they got it from less than half of what they are selling it for. The only way I would pay the full price they are asking is if they would throw in a hardshell case, few sets of strings and a leather strap. Even then I would feel slightly cheated when thinking about the poor dude that got ripped off selling it to them.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~