Tell me your opinion.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
UBERschall
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Line 6 Spider II on Insane channel. It sounded like shit.

If you want some super high gain, plug in a fuzz and distortion pedal, then turn your amp to it's last channel with maximum gain, then turn everything on and breathe on your strings. EMG pickups help, too.
^

engl powerball or se, assuming you want high gain that actually sounds good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not here to impress anyone, so I guess it's okay.
But a marshall 18w clone
Quote by sashki

+1, it does as it says on the box, its insane(ly bad) but at least it is better than an MG
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Mark IV is pretty high gain. Peavey 5150 I think might be higher. VHT pitbull may be up there but not sure since I never max out the gain.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Kind of a go nowhere question. A better one would be was has the most usable gain.

But to answer your question. Powerball,5150, VH140c. There are so many.
I put lower gain preamp tubes in my 5150 to tame it down. Thinking about doing the same to the triple xxx.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Yeah. 5150. I didn't really like it, though, for some reason. Maybe if i had had more than 10 minutes with it i could have gotten a good sound out of it. But as I didn't, then yeah.
Peavey 6505/5105

/thread
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
No one for the Bogner Uberschall then?!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
I have a stiletto ace that has just a little more gain then a JCM800. I never turn the gain up past 3 oclock.

Theres no need to turn preamp gain up louder then that on any amp. The higher you turn up preamp gain the more it makes your tonal controls useless. If your running your amps gain at 10, try turning the tone knobs. Nothing is going to happen. Your left with a sterile flat crappy sound.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by sashki

Ya man!! The insane channel is just iNsAnerzzzz!!!!!11

I say Tsl100, a band I know were using it and it sounded like crap tho!
highest gain amp i played was a Framus Cobra
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
engl powerball beats everything
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
The stilletto ace had hands down the ballsiest rhythm sound I'd ever heard
Quote by Nick_
The stilletto ace had hands down the ballsiest rhythm sound I'd ever heard

It'll nail lead tones like Slash or Page also.

I love it. The 800 is an amazing amp and I loved mine. But the Stiletto Ace is everything great about the JCM800 plus a little more to sweeten the deal.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Heard? Deizel, used? Um...

I don't really play expensive shit, even in guitar stores...
No one has said Dezial VH4.

I am dying to play a Krank Revolution.

The most I've played is the 6505+, which is about as high as it gets. However, there are still a few amps that saturate more than the peavey. Namely
Uberschall, VH4, and mabey a Krank Revolution or Krankinstine (not sure about the krank though).
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by led_zep_00
engl powerball beats everything

I'm 100% sure you've never played one though...
Quote by Ubershall404
No one has said Dezial VH4.

I am dying to play a Krank Revolution.

The most I've played is the 6505+, which is about as high as it gets. However, there are still a few amps that saturate more than the peavey.

The Diezel VH4 is far from the highest gain... Even the Herbert has more. And, the Krank sounds like pure ass, don't get your hopes up. A friend of mine has a Krankenstein half stack and it sounds worse than most SS amps, no joke. The rev is a little better but not by much.
Quote by fire within
+1, it does as it says on the box, its insane(ly bad) but at least it is better than an MG

Wrong.

But yeah. Line 6 Spider II. Insane, yes.

Referring to the engineers who built it, of course.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by mattblooze69
Krank Krankenstein, Will blow your socks off!!!!!

I was actually dissapointed with the high-gain channel. It had almost no usable gain on it. WAY too fizzy. The Clean channel sounded pretty good though. But my Roadster beats the living crap out of it. :-D
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by aliwilson27
No one for the Bogner Uberschall then?!

Those are amazing! Extremely high, usable gain AND plenty of tone. If only they were cheaper.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
^They are, a band that played with my once, Epicurian, had Ubers and powerballs, awesome awesome tone.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
The Crate Blue Voodoo 150 watt head I used a few weeks ago had some pretty heavy distortion on it alone, I didn't even need to pull my out Digitech Grunge pedal. It sounds great, too. Far better then those other piece of crap solid state amps they have.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Quote by jonnyguitarman
Er, no

I think you might have read that wrong.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by sheumack111
high gain=shit

sheumack111=troll
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr

****in great dude
Quote by jonnyguitarman
probably, lol

Well hes right. Diming your gain = crappy sounding most of the time. Preamp gain just muddies up when you pile it on.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Most usable gain i think comes frmo the recto series, and with the Voodoo amps mod its usable and there more gain, and the gain remains clear and dfined when pegged.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
^right on!!! I've heard great things about voodoo mods.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Page 1 of 4