So yeah.. I got a new guitar (Ibanez GRX20) with a rosewood fretboard a about a week ago and whenever I play it I get this black stuff on my fingertips. I told my friend (who plays bass) about it and he said the same thing happens to him. So.. does this happen with all rosewood fretboards? Is there some way to clean it off of the fretboard or something?

how black are your fingers? I play violin, and the same thing happens to me. If they get very black, it means both fingerboard and strings are dirty, so i clean the strings with alcohol and just wipe the fingerboard clean. Never had that problem with guitar though, and i never use alcohol on the strings, i just wipe them with a duster.
use lemon oil + Qtips to clean the fretboard and change the strings
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
that should wear off after a while, thats used to hapen to me on some of my guitars, but none of them (15 ALTOGETHER!!) does it anymore. if its a new guitar, its probobaly the finish wearing off slighly, but it wont wear off completley, just keep playing i guess, dust your strings when your done and change your strings regurlurly(every three months or so does fine if you play a lot)
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I'll just wait for it to wear off, because I already changed the strings, thinking they were the problem.
my rosewood fingerboard is fine and all ways been.....
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
New guitars are like that, it'll wear off after awhile.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic