Page 1 of 2
what do you think about Shadows are Security, i think it ****ing rules
Last edited by metalhead70 at Mar 1, 2007,
AILD has good guitarists, a great bassist with an amazing voice, the drummer is talented but their singer is falling from his roots where he is understandable. You can't really tell what he's saying at all anymore. There are a few discernable words, but few and far between.
Quote by metalhead70
what do you think about Shadows are Security, i think it ****ing rules, even though they're Christian

is being a Christian band a problem? religion really doesn't have anything to do with how good a bands is lol. If you want to check out a really talented Christian band check out Mortal Treason (rip).
Search please

/thread
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
I despise them with a fiery passion that consumes my soul.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by Disco Vietnam

i concur
I really liked As I Lay Dying when they came out w/ the 2nd CD, I think it was called Frail Words Collapse, I thought it frickin rocked. However, they then came out w/ their newest album. Its a good album don't get me wrong, but they have very little variety to their songs. I can count on one hand how many songs aren't in D (or C, whatever) minor. If they come out w/ another CD it'll have to be really bad ass and a little different to keep me as a fan, but that's just my take on it.
I used to like them, but haven't listened to them in more than 6 months. They just got really boring, and I found better music.
I really like shadows are security i can play just about every song off of the cd on guitar. The cd apparently tells a story but i haven't quite gotten it yet.
booooooring.
fun live.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Disco Vietnam

I despise the fans and constant thread starters more.
Quote by sureburt37
AILD has good guitarists, a great bassist with an amazing voice, the drummer is talented but their singer is falling from his roots where he is understandable. You can't really tell what he's saying at all anymore. There are a few discernable words, but few and far between.

their bassits arent really good in playing his bass,but his voice is good though
i wen see them live at the sugar mill they fu****g rocked protest the hero were the support band they also fu****g rock carnt 8 till the cum bak

ps Shadows Are Security best album eva
theres a couple of thing wrong with this band.
1) to many damd breakdowns ( they are everywhere)
2)the singer cannot be understood
3) you can barely even here the bass (do they have a bass player?)

thats pretty much why i dont like this band
Quote by THE_MEMORY

good luck liking anyone in this genre then.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Last edited by guitarwannabe16 at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by sureburt37

I dont think so, tim has an amazeing voice, just becuase yoyu can understand what he is saying doesn't make it a bad thing, some people like it becuase you can't understand him, some people listen to metalcore bands such as as I lay dying for that very reason.
Shadows are security is the same song 12 times, but the song Through struggle is badass
I can't wait to hear the new album, just to see how incredibly awful it is. I have a feeling they're going to crap out and change their style completely to get even more 12 year olds to love them.

I can see it now...

Lead singer: "Yeah, I blew out my voice a while back, it so totally sucks. But now I feel like I can be an artist and really express myself through song. Kinda like the dudes in A7X, Trivium and ITD did. They rock harder then ever now."

BTW, listen to Darkest Nights and Morning Waits. Intro then intro. Get ready for a bit more of disappointment from ALID.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Last edited by hatebreed219 at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by THE_MEMORY
theres a couple of thing wrong with this band.
1) to many damd breakdowns ( they are everywhere)
3) you can barely even here the bass (do they have a bass player?)

Yes they do have a bass player.
Yeah they dont major in guitar either and Tim can be understood. just train your ear to it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
"Train your ear". Bwahaha. He screams like a bear.

I despise Shadows Are Security, some of the riffs are painful (Darkest Nights is, in my opinion, the worst-written song of any I own). Frail Words Collapse is semi-listenable when I'm in a "mindless screaming" mood, but even then the entire middle of the album is one big mush. If it wasn't for Forever, 94 Hours and (the surprisingly awesome) Elegy, they'd suck completely.

Nothing on Shadows Are Security interests me apart from Confined, and even then it's horribly generic apart from one nice vocal hook repeated 4x10^70 times.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Frail Words Collapse Was definatly my favorite.

Try the song "Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier".
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I saw them live in January when they opened for BFMV. I think they're pretty good and on the contrary to the mass view of this thread, i have little trouble understand their lyrics.
This band defines generic metalcore.

But I can tolerate some of their songs.
Quote by MustangMan311
NC Hardcore > All others
Shadows Are Security is a sick ****ing album. Through Struggle has probably one of the craziest riffs. All and all I think the album is pretty good.

--Jon
Quote by BulletBill519
Shadows are security is the same song 12 times, but the song Through struggle is badass

then by that rationale, wouldnt every song be badass?

dumbass
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Shadows Are Security is brilliant.

But my username might have given that away already?

Quote by LPIndin
then by that rationale, wouldnt every song be badass?

dumbass

Pwnt.
R E G G A E
They're still a guilty pleasure of mine Ill admit. They got me into alot of the stuff I listen to today. They certainly arent the greatest or most talented band in the world by any means but I still enjoy SAS every now and then.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
shadows are security is a good album, especially "Reflections" and "The Darkest Nights". Frail Words Collapse is okay, the only really good cut is 94-Hours, and i agree that their music is getting pretty repetitive. they are your typical, no bells and whistles metalcore band but i still think they're pretty sweet
Without Him, this is the best heaven you will ever know. But with Him, this is the worst hell you will ever experience.
Saw them at bamboozle last night.

new bassist. The crwd basicly sang all the clean vocals.

the are one of my favorite band. deff. my favorite metalore band. Frail collapse and Beneath the Encasing of Ashes are easily their 2 best cds. Though Through Struggle is one hell of a song I didnt like Shadows too much.
seeing them on wensday, im only going cause my friends want me too, im going to be bored out of my mind. i dont think anything can sway my opinion about this band
peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get tha papercuts

only member of the dragonforce is homosexual club
Quote by TheDarkestNights
Shadows Are Security is brilliant.

But my username might have given that away already?

Pwnt.

Explain to me how it's brilliant and I'll send you nudes of my girlfriend.
As I Lay Dying ftl! Chuga-chuga-let's-write-one-song and -play-it-50-times-like-AC/DC-chug-chug.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Page 1 of 2