Page 1 of 4
What sparked this in my head was a kid (who is 12 years old) has a weed insignia posted next to his name. First of all, I can't stand when people smoke weed. It seriously ruined some of my best friendships; and IMO it is morally wrong. If you disagree thats cool, but state your opinion why.

That aside, what do you think? How old is "old enough" to be considered "eligeble" to
smoke weed without it seeming like your too young?

Discuss please.
Shut it you prick.
How can something that's been around for millions of years be morally wrong?
We're the ones who are wrong, don't blame the bud.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
Shut it you prick.

killing has been around for millions of years.. do you think thats not morally wrong too?
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Here in Holland it's legally on 16
But I wouldn't advice it to you... but that's just my opinion...
Quote by UraniYum
Shut it you prick.

I didn't say "weed" was morally wrong... I said "smoking" weed was. Also, it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX
killing has been around for millions of years.. do you think thats not morally wrong too?

That's a ridiculous argument. How the hell can smoking a plant be morally wrong?

^ EDIT

You're really not entitled to that opinion, as you clearly have no concept of morality.

Look it up in a dicitonary, or I'll start saying the colour black is morlaly wrong, pizza is morally wrong and Saudi Arabia is morally wrong.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX

Killing someone and smoking a substance is completely different and you'd have to be a complete faggot to even compare the two.

To threadstarter 18. Though it's hypocritical of me to say so.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I don't smoke weed, and I hate people who do, but it's their choice. They need to learn to control it. I think if it were legal, there wouldn't be so much fuss about it.

Like right now, alcohol and cigarettes are legal. But no-one's really too excited about that.

If you were to make, say, doughnuts against the law, I bet sales would increase, cos people want to see why it's been banned.

EDIT: I don't hate people BECAUSE they smoke weed, but I have noticed that the people that I dont like (mean people) all smoke it
Quote by UraniYum
Shut it you prick.

**** man it was his opinion!!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX

killing is human nature, just like any other animal...violence is instinct
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
this annoyes me as well but the other way around - i mean smoke when you are ready. one of my friends was like "omg you are too young to smoke weed" and i just thought they were real stoopid.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
I didn't say "weed" was morally wrong... I said "smoking" weed was. Also, it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Just out interest, why do you think it's wrong? I'm not going to flame you, I'm just curious.

I'd say at least 16.

Quote by Arthur Curry
See the only proven side effect of smoking weed is schitophrenia. And that only occurs in 12-15 year olds who smoke heavily. So I don't know. I guess I'd say people shouldn't start before the age of 16. Realistically.
It's only a link, and not a very strong one. It just as easily says that those who are prone to mental illness are more likely to take drugs.
Last edited by sadistic_monkey at Feb 27, 2007,
Yeah, if you don't smoke, woop-dee-doo. But its not like your hurting anybody if you do
Quote by Rankles
That's a ridiculous argument. How the hell can smoking a plant be morally wrong?

Because it's illegal. (Well, where it is legal, I don't see it being morally wrong).

It's more the law breaking than the smoking.
I started when I was 12. But that's too young.

See the only proven side effect of smoking weed is schizophrenia. And that only occurs in 12-15 year olds who smoke heavily. So I don't know. I guess I'd say people shouldn't start before the age of 16. Realistically.
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX

Nice Point
Equipment
Gibson - Les Paul Junior
Fender - Jagstang
Squier - Tom Delonge
Cort - Katana
Peavy - Vintage Electro-Acoustic
Marshall - MG100DFX

--> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> ...
like 14
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
There really isn't an age, like some people say "Get 'em while they're young," but I don't think that was put into context with smoking reefer.

About friend relationship ruining, did they do something to you or did you just say "You smoke weed I hope you die!" or some other anti-weed statement
Quote by yakuza11
Yeah, if you don't smoke, woop-dee-doo. But its not like your hurting anybody if you do

actually if it starts inteferring with your life, others will be affected. If you start moving to harder drugs, you bring everyone down with you
Quote by raba810
... can you explain to me how smoking weed is morally wrong?

You change your state of mind for a different, so called "enhanced" mind set, while (most of the time) you sit around wasting your time, and the time of others your with. While you could be doing something a bit more constructive. This is from my perspective on it. Like I said, I've lost a lot of friendships over this. If you disagree that's cool. THIS IS MY OPINION ON IT.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX

Humans are still animals, we kill other humans just like bears kill other bears.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I think the thread starter has a point only because...

I smoke weed... waaay too much weed.

You know what happens when you smoke too much weed?

You end up broke like I am right now shiiiiit.
Quote by Sappy Old Age
Nice Point

No it's not, it's a ridiculous attempt at sounding intelligent.

The two are incomparable.

Whether it's healthy or not is irrelevant, morals don't come into smoking.

That's like saying it's morally wrong to drive a car because it's bad for the environment.

Quote by Guitarjunkie18
You change your state of mind for a different, so called "enhanced" mind set, while (most of the time) you sit around wasting your time, and the time of others your with. While you could be doing something a bit more constructive. This is from my perspective on it. Like I said, I've lost a lot of friendships over this. If you disagree that's cool. THIS IS MY OPINION ON IT.

Coming from a guy who's username is 'guitarjunkie' I don't think you should be lecturing people on how they waste their time.

Guitar is a waste of time. Guitar is morally wrong. You could be building an orphanage.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I really dont see how its morally wrong....if you have it everyday and you start get slow you shoudl take it easy....what id like to know is why everyone thinks its wrong like a really great solid reason...altho 12 years just seems kinda young...ambe its jsut me
im better than normal....im abnormal!
i first smoked when i was 11, found my dads stash, and tried it, rolled the shitteist joint imaginable, and felt nothing upon smoking, then i smoked again when i was 13, didnt really start smoking until 15 or so... I researched pot alot at the age of 15, found out everything ive needed to know. I always do alot of research before even thinknig of trying drugs, as long as you have the facts and understand everything completely, you could start smokin whenever you want in my opinion, i think 15 is a good age to be able to fully understand the effects and make an educated choice.

Theres nothing I hate more than 13 year old kids poppin E and thinknig there XTREME, most of them know nothing about the drug, thats where things get dangerous, stupid people doing stupid things....

Im a smart person donig stupid things... so... it all balances out.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by SaXXoN
Because it's illegal. (Well, where it is legal, I don't see it being morally wrong).

It's more the law breaking than the smoking.

So you see alcohol, poppers, and cigarettes as morally right? Because they are legal, right, i mean, thats all your arguement seems to consist of. Did it ever consider to you that a law might be wrong?
You are a retard and obviously not even able to debate on the issue of drugs.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I'm 16. And here's what made me quit smoking

Drugs are cool when you've got a lot going for you.
Drugs are uncool when they're the only thing you've got going for you.
most people who do smoke (weed) start at 12.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
most people who do smoke (weed) start at 12.

Oh thank you for that absolutely definitely true fact there. Thanks.

Most people who like pink start at 8.

I can make shit up too.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by homo-erectus
actually if it starts inteferring with your life, others will be affected. If you start moving to harder drugs, you bring everyone down with you

It won't be the drugs fault though will it? It will be the persons for letting it become such a major thing in their life.

People on so called,"hard drugs" can still live a good life and contribute to society.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by thrashster
i first smoked when i was 11, found my dads stash, and tried it, rolled the shitteist joint imaginable, and felt nothing upon smoking, then i smoked again when i was 13, didnt really start smoking until 15 or so... I researched pot alot at the age of 15, found out everything ive needed to know. I always do alot of research before even thinknig of trying drugs, as long as you have the facts and understand everything completely, you could start smokin whenever you want in my opinion, i think 15 is a good age to be able to fully understand the effects and make an educated choice.

Theres nothing I hate more than 13 year old kids poppin E and thinknig there XTREME, most of them know nothing about the drug, thats where things get dangerous, stupid people doing stupid things....

Im a smart person donig stupid things... so... it all balances out.

I take mine awya and agree with this best research and know what your getting into
im better than normal....im abnormal!
Quote by homo-erectus

What, will they start doing drugs too? What the hell are you saying?

What the hell are any of you saying?? Weirdos.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I'd say 15-16. Smoking weed isn't morally wrong, if it were morally wrong then alcohol and Nyquil would be morally wrong. Honestly if anything Weed should be legal over alcohol and Cigarettes because Alcoholism effects a good what was it (I may be wrong) but 30% of the American population, (that might not be exact but it was big). And cigarettes cause every cancer and lung related disease known to man and they don't even get you high or anything.The only reasonable argument against it is that you don't do anything.This is true but its not the only thing. Video games and music(as in your trying to be a musician) can also cause you to live a similar life that dosent mean there going to ban world of Warcraft at least stoner's need to leave to grab..
Last edited by true_bacon22 at Feb 27, 2007,
Seeing as the smoking age is being raised to 18 here in the UK, 18 seems a good enough age for weed too. But 16 is alright too
Quote by Muphin
Humans are still animals, we kill other humans just like bears kill other bears.

That's very profound.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Page 1 of 4