the other day i was playing my guitar. i have had it for a little while, but it has never done this to me:

i was playing and i stopped for a little bit, then started playing again...this time it had a nasty tone to it. i tried changing the battery in the DS-1 pedal, then i tried the cables, then a different amp. all to find out that its neither of them. so the only thing it could be is my guitar. i was curious as to if anyone knows what it is? or how to fix it, or at least gimme some knowledge of what it could be if i take it in.

thanks.
Quote by Lund27J
the other day i was playing my guitar. i have had it for a little while, but it has never done this to me:

i was playing and i stopped for a little bit, then started playing again...this time it had a nasty tone to it. i tried changing the battery in the DS-1 pedal, then i tried the cables, then a different amp. all to find out that its neither of them. so the only thing it could be is my guitar. i was curious as to if anyone knows what it is? or how to fix it, or at least gimme some knowledge of what it could be if i take it in.

thanks.

What type of amp?

This happened to me when my Fender Frontman died, the signal would randomly go off, and then sound bad.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
like when i was playing clean..if i play it even slightly hard, the sound would become distorted but without the gain. its disgusting

i tried it on a frontman, and 2 others, so i dont think its the amp.
You wouldn't happen to have active pickups?
(I don't know if the battery running out could cause the 'nasty tone'; I don't know much about active pickups)
try adjusting your pick ups with a screw driver,
~If only life was easy, we would be able to die in PEACE~
no i dont have active pickups, and i tried a screw driver...this is frustrating
does it sound 'nasty' like your tone knob is all the way down?

When my tone knobs started goin out they acted like on/off only. So try messin with those.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.