I know i've been posting alot here on UG, but I'm afraid ill make a bad choice amp wise. What is the ABSOLUTE best all tube amp half stack between free(lol)-$1100

So far i've seen

Carvin MTS HS

Peavey VK HS

B-52 AT-100 HS
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
a free amp is cool, but quite rare i find!

carvin outta them maybe

but 1100 bucks you can get quite a bit, try ebay 2nd hand
2nd hand will get you the best amp specially for that kind of money.
DEFINITELY go used like the others have said! I will stand by the Laney GH or VH series as excellent amps, and ridiculous value for money as well.
Def. used. Don't think twice. A used tube amp is just as good as a new one.

You can get a JCM800,900, or 2000 halfstack off ebay for about 1100.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
If you hunt for it a MESA dual recto shall be yours. Try hard, and you might be able to get one. If not that, then the head and you can get a cheap cab and upgrade it later.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
peavey 6505/5150 if you play metal.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
maby a peavey 5150, or a mesa nomad or f series, i have a jcm 900 and i love it, but if you play metal i wouldnt get one. dont get anything knew its a waste. but it all depends what your looking for. and cab makes a huge! difference in sound stay away from cheap cabs theyll killl your sound.
Quote by epiguitar77
maby a peavey 5150, or a mesa nomad or f series, i have a jcm 900 and i love it, but if you play metal i wouldnt get one. dont get anything knew its a waste. but it all depends what your looking for. and cab makes a huge! difference in sound stay away from cheap cabs theyll killl your sound.

Come on, guys! I know those amps destroy the three i've listed but of your knowledge, out of those 3, which one is the best?! After i get enough money I am going to upgrade though.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Out of the three you listed, I'd go with the Carvin MTS. You didn't meantion what kind of sound you are after, but I'd take either of them over the VK.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
Come on, guys! I know those amps destroy the three i've listed but of your knowledge, out of those 3, which one is the best?! After i get enough money I am going to upgrade though.

Or you could just not buy one now and save money so you don't waste most of it on a mediocre amp...

...or don't.
^ I agree. Except, the Carvin MTS is a great amp, definitely worth the money. The Valve King is a budget amp (got that out of the way) and the B-52 isn't that bad, but for the price you can do better.
I've considered the MTS before, I've heard the overdrive was lacking. The VK isn't good either (in our price range), and the B-52 has reliability issues.
Save up you want a good half stack.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Judging by your other posts your looking for a high gainer. You could get a much better sounding combo than those shitty halfstacks youve listed. Get a nice combo or save your dough until you have at least $1800. Dont settle for shit.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
^+1 with heads...

Like I said before, you don't need a half stack....

Get something used, a combo and you'll save ALOT of money and you can get a 234324x better amp than those mediocre amps... (except the carvin....i've heard good things about it)
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
The b-52 is a good amp out of those 3. It sounds very similar to a dual recto, but not QUITE as good. Get a JSX combo
GIMMI A BREAK. dude.... get a marshall superlead or a jcm800 easily for under that. Ebay has tons. No of these amp come anywhere near these amps. Another amazing amp is the epiphone valve jr. It is $100 new and about $50 used. This is no joke look it up... It destroys most of the amps mentioned above. It is unbeliveable ask anyone who has them, its kinda a little secret. I am a member of a couple vintage marshall forums with guys that build replicas. The ost pics of theyre amp rooms full of vintage marshall stacks and than strangly close to everyone has all these marshall than a little Epiphone valve jr sitting at the end. It truly pwns... you prbably dont belive me but this is the tube amp to get for the money, id rather have it than most of the amps mentioned^^.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by aznrockerdude
I've considered the MTS before, I've heard the overdrive was lacking. The VK isn't good either (in our price range), and the B-52 has reliability issues.
Save up you want a good half stack.

Yeah. Just had to return my B-52 212 haha. I bought it last Monday and it already died on Friday. And when I learned they had reliability issues, I traded it in. And got a nice Palomino. Great sounding.
Anyway, on topic.
Marshall JCM 800 or 900.
Oh, and what type of music do you play anyway? It seems like people are just suggesting things without really knowing what you play.