so basically i just strated learning pentatonic stuff yestraday and i have a question regarding major and minor. are the figures for major and minor the same? i noticed that both have the common shape:

E-|0-|--|--|0-|
B-|0-|--|--|0-|
G-|0-|--|0-|--|
D-|0-|--|0-|--|
A-|0-|--|0-|--|
E-|0-|--|--|0-|

then i noticed they have all the same shapes just in diffrent places for the same key. so is the diffrence between major and minr that easy. please tell me if i have missed something lol.
The pentatonic "shapes" are the same for a major and it's relative minor, let's take Cmaj for example. Cmaj pentatonic and Am pentatonic have the same notes
R= Root note (what key you are playing in)
E-|0-|--|--|R-|
B-|0-|--|--|0-|
G-|R-|--|0-|--|
D-|0-|--|0-|--|
A-|0-|--|0-|--|
E-|0-|--|--|R-|

Amin
E-|R-|--|--|0-|
B-|0-|--|--|0-|
G-|0-|--|0-|--|
D-|0-|--|R-|--|
A-|0-|--|0-|--|
E-|R-|--|--|0-|

It's best to learn the scale all over the fretboard and learn where the root note is.
Yeah my old guitar teacher used to call it the pinky method. To move from min to maj just move the shape down 3 frets and put your pinky where your first finger was. And vice versa. The only difference is the root of the scale ends up in different places in both shapes. In major the root is on the 2nd finger of the 1st string, first finger on the G string and 2nd finger on the low E string. In minor the root is on the 1st finger of the high E, the 2nd finger of the D string and the 1st finger of the E string.
EDIT: shit, or just look at that ^. Ha, that's a lot easier to understand. Damn....
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.