Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone. Most of us here remember the 90's, but most of the time the 90's are in the back of our head when we think about music and it goes directly to the 60,70,and 80's. So this topic is to discuss the best songs (and worst) of the 90's which seem to always get lost in music. So all your 90's fans out there who miss these days, post away!

Two Words.
Barenaked Ladies.
Finally, if someone wasn't gonna start this thread, I was gonna do it myself. Since most of my life was in the 90s, I pretty much grew up with the music and love it. I'm really into almost anything from the era. I like even the R&B from back then...I really miss it now that you mention it. It's just a shame the boy-band era followed.

Four Words:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
LOL
Yeap I completely agree. Us teenagers (especially around 16 like myself) Really miss the 90's, and it always seems to get thrown aside when talking about music. It was a great era. We had all the bands that were just easy going, chill-out music. Man I miss the 90's. Best memories are that of when listening to favorite band, or waiting ALL DAY just to hear that one great song that you love, cuz Pirating wasnt around.
I just did the math, my iTunes is 82.9% 90s. Wow, I guess I'm stuck in the era.

I guess the 90s were so care free to me because I was so small didn't have any responsibilties. Oh well, at least we'll always have the music.
LOL
Lol exactly... I cant remember any of the bands from the 90's but Ill hear the music n just go nuts cuz it reminds me. Like counting crows for example... Forgot about em, but once I heard them it was like ... omg I remember these guys lol. Down if you can PM a list of some 90's bands or somethin that I seem to be forgettin thatd be great. Otherwise, I wait till I hear a 90's song that I remember. I was so little XD
Will do...what exactly are you "hip" to? What kinds of music do ya like? The 90s covers ten years, so that means a shit load of bands.
LOL
Yea I know.... Uh stuff like Barenaked Ladies, RHCP, Counting Crows, that stuff. I just forget them bands with the one hit wonders. Like that one Jerry band or something.. GOD i wish I could remember the names!
The 90s were amazing. 90s songs are the anthems of my childhood. I remember listening to Collective Soul, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, and the Smashing Pumpkins most.
Quote by Gibson SG FTW
SUGAR RAY! Ahhh yes, remember them *goes to download*. You are right, the songs were anthems

"Fly" is such an awesome song. It never fails to get the party going.
LOL
All of theyre songs are good party songs lol. Specially "Ive seen better days" and "When Its Over" although thats a bit slower. Any other bands yins can think of? I didnt really like smashing pumpkins ... But isnt there a band called Ben and JerrY? Or am I thinkin of something else?
Quote by Gibson SG FTW
All of theyre songs are good party songs lol. Specially "Ive seen better days" and "When Its Over" although thats a bit slower. Any other bands yins can think of? I didnt really like smashing pumpkins ... But isnt there a band called Ben and JerrY? Or am I thinkin of something else?

I hate to correct people because it makes me look like a dick, but they didn't sing "Better Days." A band called Citizen King did.

EDIT: Ben and Jerry's is kickass ice cream. Never heard of a band called that.

Check out Gin Blossoms or maybe Collective Soul. Straight forward alternative, but very relaxing.
LOL
Dont worry about it, Never knew it wasnt original. Oh well its a kickass cover anyway.

Hmm.. ice cream... I cant remember what IM thinkin of then. Its a 2 man band and they were famous for a song about a chick... lol pretty much describes the 90's I know but I really wanna know who it is. I might do some researchin here in a bit.

Also, Hit songs are a big help too. Most 90's people I know were one hit wonders then you never heard em again, which was sad .
Quote by Gibson SG FTW
Dont worry about it, Never knew it wasnt original. Oh well its a kickass cover anyway.

Hmm.. ice cream... I cant remember what IM thinkin of then. Its a 2 man band and they were famous for a song about a chick... lol pretty much describes the 90's I know but I really wanna know who it is. I might do some researchin here in a bit.

Also, Hit songs are a big help too. Most 90's people I know were one hit wonders then you never heard em again, which was sad .

Hmm....two man band you say? They weren't twins were they? If they were, I think I know who you're talking about.
LOL
I dont know, I think they might have been brothers? Im not sure, but they did audition for this invention show held last year and made some kind of peanut shell thing. The name is on the tip of my tongue.
Damn, I a 90s music freak, but I've think you've stumped me. If you give a little more detail I'll probably be able to help you.
LOL
UGH lol.... Uhm... I kno they both were guitarists, and they both sang. lol. but other than what Ive already said being that they had a hit song about some chick, theres not much more I can give. Ill research a bit more.
If anyone is still watchin this thread, UG recently came out with the top 10 forgotten bands of the 90's.... An article which anyone interested in the 90's should check out. Really helped me get my collection back up to what it used to be.

Other than those 10, can anyone else think of any bands/songs? And any other discussion about the 90's is open!
Favourite albums of the 90s?

For me it has to be Grace - Jeff Buckley and The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips. I have just fallen in love with these two genius pieces of work.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I really have taken a liking to Bush's Sixteen Stone album and I've been listening to the Cranberries alot lately.
LOL
the 90s

Grunge, Post-Grunge, pop-punk, Pantera, RATM...it all ****ing owns.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I remember U2's Achtung Baby was a huge hit especially with their world class Zoo TV Tour and Popmart Tour, greatest thing I've seen at the time.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
I remember U2's Achtung Baby was a huge hit especially with their world class Zoo TV Tour and Popmart Tour, greatest thing I've seen at the time.

You're the one that got arsonite banned?
LOL
yay 90's a era of alot of original music loved all grunge bands, and other bands like helmet, living colour,janes addiction, smashing pumpkins, sonic youth, stone roses, and foo fighters. just to name a few

yeh i believe 90ish% of my playlist is 90's aswell
Quote by Tiamat
lol @ greenday becoming the social "norm" for being crap at guitar.
heheh i have one for you guys. "another postcard" by barenaked ladies. aahhhh good old junior high for me!
yeah the '90s were awesome

U2, Counting Crows, Blind Melon, Nirvana, old Green Day and Blink182, The Offspring, Oasis, The Cranberries

yeah...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Yep. I'm a 90's kid. I aren't working out the maths on my iTunes haha (Mostly because I haven't put in a year for most of the songs, and because it would be waaay below 82.9% contradicting my previous 'I'm a 90's kid' statement)

For whoever mentioned the Gin Blossoms, check outa song called Sleep by Marion. They got totally forgotten about, very quickly, but it's a great track if you can find it.
Quote by Gibson SG FTW
If anyone is still watchin this thread, UG recently came out with the top 10 forgotten bands of the 90's.... An article which anyone interested in the 90's should check out. Really helped me get my collection back up to what it used to be.

I was just reading that. (here if anyone's interested
Quote by daft
Favourite albums of the 90s?

For me it has to be Grace - Jeff Buckley and The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips. I have just fallen in love with these two genius pieces of work.

I've been listening to Grace a lot just recently, really good record.
« »
Favourite albums of the 90's?

I love answering this question, because there are so many.

The Bends by Radiohead
Definately Maybe by Oasis
Grace by Jeff Buckley
Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins

Are my favourite 4. Then some more that spring to mind...

Urbam Hyms by The Verve
Dizzy Up the Girl by Goo Goo Dolls
BSSM by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dangerous by Michael Jackson
Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses
Ten by Pearl Jam
The Fat of the Land by The Prodigy

What a decade.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
I was just reading that. (here if anyone's interested

I've been listening to Grace a lot just recently, really good record.

I listen to all ten.
LOL
Favourite Albums of the '90s

Dookie - Green Day
Enema of The State - Blink 182
Smash - The Offspring
Showbiz - Muse
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
Enema of The State - Blink 182

I think this album is better than any other by Blink. They just seemed more enjoyable when they were making fun of everybody.
LOL
Favourite albums of the nineties?

Nirvana - Nevermind
Green Day - Dookie
Pantera- Cowboys From Hell
Sebadoh - III
Alice In Chains - Facelift

Probably
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Page 1 of 2