Hi Everyone,
I have a small pedal board with a digitech distortion (300ma), a cheap tuner and multifx (100ma each) pedal and a mister crybaby (200ma i think). I have been running one 9v adapter with 600ma plugged into a 5 plug daisy chain. The first adapter i had was only 10$ and after a night of long night of college partying, i went to play guitar and it wasn't working. I figured someone must have stepped on the adapter or somehow it broke. But just today, my second korg adapter just broke too. This time i know it had nothing to with being stepped on or handled improperly. The adapter was also a little on the hot side. I leave my pedal board plugged in all the time, does this have something to do with it? any help would be appreciated because i don't want to buy another adapter only to have it blow again. My brother has a pedal board with 5 boss pedals on it with a very similar set up and a boss power adapter and he also leaves it plugged in all the time and this has never happened to him. Thanks!!!
try a boss adapter maybe?
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
After 2 hours playing the same thing happened to me once, but leaving it plugged in is just asking for trouble. Make sure the area around the pedals is clear and maybe think about switching to rechargeable batteries.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
what would be responsible for the adapters dying? heating up slowly and melting some component or safety feature?
if you add all the values up...
i get to 700mA

that probably is your problem
ur pedals need more power than ur supply can give em

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Switch it off at the mains when you're not using it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by hendriko
if you add all the values up...
i get to 700mA

that probably is your problem
ur pedals need more power than ur supply can give em

You've got it right there. The absolute minimum is a few hundred mA above what the pedals need, I'd be going for at least 1A to make sure it's got enough power. Trust me, your pedals will thank you for it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
1spot????hollleer
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.