I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I just got for Christmas. I'm really disappointed and I'm thinking about selling it and getting a Standard Fat Strat. How much do you think this could sell for? I asked on the electric guitar forum, but I didn't get many answers, so I thought maybe you guys could help.
It was $400-500 new right?

Assuming you haven't beaten it to death or anything you should be able to get $300 out of it, but only if you can find a buyer (eBay? Friends?). A guitar shop might give you $150-200 for it on trade in, but in case it's not obvious by the numbers you're much better off selling it.
what???? how can u not b satisfied with a les pauls sound??? but yea not too much probably i say 200....
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
Quote by TheAdict310
I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I just got for Christmas. I'm really disappointed and I'm thinking about selling it and getting a Standard Fat Strat. How much do you think this could sell for? I asked on the electric guitar forum, but I didn't get many answers, so I thought maybe you guys could help.

About 300 bucks i'd say, as they sell new for $400
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Unfortunatly guitar value drops considerably when it leave a shop, if your lucky you'll get 250 for it, but can i ask, whats wrong with the sound and can i buy it?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
Your join date is a scar you internet emo!
My friend was offered like $150 for his LP standard at guitar center. This is obviously a terrible deal. What's wrong with your LP. Fat Strats are so stupid. Don't get one. Actually, you play punk, so you might not mind it. LP's aren't great for punk. Try out some guitars. Epiphone SGs might be cool or an ibanez or a semi-hollow body. Gibson explorers are also cool. You might like ESPs, too. If you're really punk, get a daisy rock guitar. You won't get much for your lp, though. Sell it to a friend or someone you know for more than guitar center will give you for it. Or see how much used ones are at guitar center and tell someone you'll sell it to them for 10 bucks less or something.
I was thinking about putting it in the paper or on ebay, since I've heard that Guitar Center screws you horribly. I've barely played it since I got it, so it's in perfect condition. My problem with it is it just doesn't get distorted enough. I turn my pedal all the way up and it still doesn't sound how I'd like it. I'm thinking something with single coils would get enough feedback/fuzz to satisfy me. My main problem is, being that I play punk (mostly powerchords, I'm talentless), I'm not too fond of the idea of going into Guitar Center and trying a guitar. This time, no matter how badly I play, I'm going to try other guitars.

Has anyone sold a guitar on ebay? If so, how fast do they usually sell? I can't afford much, so I'm only gonna sell this if I know I can get $250 or $300 for it.
honestly, les pauls arent to bad for punk youve just gotta run it through things right, like make sure u have the volume up so that u get more gain and if u really dont like it then try to sell it to a friend, especially since it seems that kids these days really like les pauls (damn kids) so talk to a friend and if u find the right person u might get as much as 350 for it especially if its still in new condition
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
uh....how about just modding the LP? You've got a good enough guitar to make it financially viable to mod... I have an Epiphone SG, sounded crap for what i play it for (metal), too vintage. Two EMG-81s later and it sounds like an ESP. Cheaper than buying a new one, if a bit more technical.
Prehaps an amp upgrade would be a better idea?
What you playing trhough?

Single coils will be less output than and LP, but TBH I do think they sound better distorted.
I have a Vox DA15 now. I just got a new amp, and I don't want another one. My old guitar gets enough gain/distortion/whatever through it, but my new one doesn't, so it's not the amp. And about modding it, I just hate everything about it, and I'd rather put money towards a new one than make a piece of shit one tolerable. I just called Guitar Center now, and they said $150 or $175, which is fucking bullshit, considering it was $400 new not even 3 months ago, but the guy told me to bring it in and he'd see what he could do, which is probably nothing.
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Feb 28, 2007,
Quote by TheAdict310

+1. i dont know why, but i dont dig the way les paul plays. respect for you!

get the fat strat, but make sure you dont order it. try it in a store, and find the 'gem'. if you order, you can stumble on a crappy one (this can happen to any guitar you order, its all about luck)
Quote by zwound
+1. i dont know why, but i dont dig the way les paul plays. respect for you!

get the fat strat, but make sure you dont order it. try it in a store, and find the 'gem'. if you order, you can stumble on a crappy one (this can happen to any guitar you order, its all about luck)

I don't really have anything against the LP, I guess it'd be good if you played lead and stuff, but I just want a Ramones type sound, which is really hard to get out of an instrument with such a deep tone. I will definately never order a guitar online again, I'm always completely wrong about how I think it's gonna sound.
You should buy a pedal to get a more punk sounds I play misfits and ramones songs with my Les Paul and it sounds f****ng great