15mm is vauge when talking 3 dimensionally. Which way is it 15mm?

Your list is correct. What will you be putting this peizo in?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I'm going to assume you're working on an acoustic.

-Find out whats the hot and cold wires

- glue it inside the guitar under the bridge (through the soundhole, this takes patience {I think I spelled that wrong})

-get a strap pin output or drill a hole near that area and put a regular 1/4in jack there.

-you're done, you may need to add volume and tone knobs but I dont think it will be nessisary. If you plan to play it at a gig, you'll need a preamp and a pa system.
Sorry, 15 mm in diameter

I'm going to stick it to my ukulele, hopefully. Just for fun.
^ [Two posts above] Peizos are ment to be put directly under the saddle, or directly next to the saddle. Soundboard transducers are the ones you just stick to the soundboard.

To threadstarter, so it's a circle?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 27, 2007,
If its a circle one like I'm thinking its going to HAVE to go right under the bridge on the inside of the guitar. It should be perfect.
Last time I checked, a "piezo" refers to both, and one under the saddle is strictly called an under-saddle transducer.

Either way, you have the right parts, and you may have to play around with it to get the best sound (i.e play around with the position of it)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Yeah it's circular

And I also think the best place to stick the piezo to would be under the bridge, since it picks up vibrations..

Another question, I wont be able to play this through a regular guitar amp? It really doesn't matter, it seems that a PA would be better, but it would be cool to get some distorted uke... ;D
thru reg'lar amp sounds pretty good for a contact mic, but idk about piezo. Great Jazz tone.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
In that article, he mentions the piezo elements having good specs. What would you consider good specs? I don't know a lot about piezo's specifically.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
What he says is "good specs" seem to be this:
Transducer Type: Piezo-electric
Transducer Size: 1.1"
Audio Range: 106 dB

google says that 1.1 inch is about 27 mm, and that's pretty close to 30 mm, so that would be fine. My guess is that bigger piezo element= higher output.
Quote by m_hedborg
What he says is "good specs" seem to be this:
Transducer Type: Piezo-electric
Transducer Size: 1.1"
Audio Range: 106 dB

google says that 1.1 inch is about 27 mm, and that's pretty close to 30 mm, so that would be fine. My guess is that bigger piezo element= higher output.

Is there anything like a frequency response when it comes to piezo's? I'm really considering doing this to my acoustic.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^I dont think what kind of instruments matter, I have seen a lot of basses and guitars with piezos, so frequency wouldn't matter too much..

I got my piezo element today, and i got a jack too. I have figured out where to solder the wires, and I did a quick test by taping them on and tape the piezo to my uke. And it worked, just the tone that I wanted to have, but of course with really low volume. Partly because piezo signals are weak i guess and you need a pre-amp, and partly because of my placement of the piezo

tomorrow I will try to solder everything and glue it inside the uke, beneath the bridge. I don't think i will be able though, it's some serious partying coming up....
I finaly got some spare time, and today I soldered the jack wires to the piezo and glued the piezo inside my uke, under the bridge. The epoxy is drying now, and when it's dry I will drill a hole and screw my jack tightly. No pics yet though, now it's just an uke with no strings on it. =)
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
If you want to finish this off and make a tutorial of it, it can be added to my tutorial list.
Soundclips please if possible, I made one of these for a mando and it sounded pretty tinny. I found that placement of the piezo made a HUGE difference to the sound, how did you find it?
Yeah I'm finished now. The sound is pretty thin and with no sustain, but that's just my uke. I will try to put soundclips up as soon as I can, now any good sites for that?

And to the_random_hero, I used this tutorial. http://web.mit.edu/kumpf/www/guitarpickup.html

because I didn't took any pics or anything when i was doing it, and that tutorial is great in my opinion.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.