Poll: What else can ye speak?
Poll Options
View poll results: What else can ye speak?
French
13 32%
German
7 17%
Spanish
9 22%
English (if not first language)
3 7%
Other
9 22%
Voters: 41.
Page 1 of 2
I'm bored, can't be ****ed to do my Mechanics homework, and have been wondering for a while of anyone in this 'ere bass forum can speak any other language. Probably not the right forum, but all the guitarists in The Pit are tossers.

I know a few people don't have English as their mothertongue, and even some of those who do still can't speak it (points across the ocean to America).

Anywho, I can (not) speak French at an A Level standard, was just wondering if there is anyone else here who I can converse with in French. Or anyone else who can communicate in any other language. Anyone?
German FTW

I can speak enough to the point where I'd be able to survive in Germany
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I sure can't. I did French, German and Latin at school and can only remember a few words of each now. Pretty rubbish since it was only three years ago I left! So many hours totally wasted though... I'd like to learn a language properly one day.

I suspect this thread may get closed, but I really do think we should have a bass chat thread.
Quote by Chimpy101
Probably not the right forum, but all the guitarists in The Pit are tossers.

I know it isn't the right forum, but I CANNOT stand the shit in The Pit, and I wanted to see (as bassists are obviously far more sophisticated) what we are all up to
Yeah, this belongs in the Pit (unfortunately...I can't stand it either). Personally I hope the mods leave it be though.

I speak German semi-fluently. I really need to take a refresher course in it though, since I forget quite a bit due to lack of use. I also speak a bit of French, mainly because us Canadians are forced to learn some.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by Applehead
I speak fluent bullshit.

Mind speaking some for us?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Quote by Confused4930

All Londoners, (or all true English Gentlemen for that matter) can speak fluent bullshit.

It is what makes us better than everyone else, and the reason why we had the largest empire on earth for quite some time
Quote by Chimpy101

It is what makes us better than everyone else, and the reason why we had the largest empire on earth for quite some time

I'll admit, that is some pretty good bullshit
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Quote by Confused4930

Yeah so today, had an amazing day right. Woke up to a blowjob and Chopins minute waltz. Went out to some bacon and eggs, all being served by my naked girlfriend (she fine, trust me). So i go sit in the louge and this weeks NME is on the table, as well as some freshly squeezed orange juice. So in she comes with the breakfast, and man those eggs were soft...if you know what i'm saying. Then, i went to work and there was nobody else on the tube in my carriage. Also, someone had cleaned it, so it smelt of meadows. meadows i tell you! So i get to work and my boss says "you work so hard, take a day off - go spend it with your loved ones". Sheeeeet, aint gotta tell me twice. So i jet back home - no other passengers again, lovin it - and she's waiting there for me, naked. I cant wait to get my hands on her. I dash into my bedroom, pick her up, plug her in, put her round my neck, put on Some Rage Against The Machine, and rock out life a motherfucker. I love my bass.
Quote by Applehead
So i jet back home - no other passengers again, lovin it - and she's waiting there for me, naked. I cant wait to get my hands on her. I dash into my bedroom, pick her up, plug her in, put her round my neck, put on Some Rage Against The Machine, and rock out life a motherfucker. I love my bass.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Apple you're my hero. That was some of the best bullshit I've ever heard! Well done.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i am fluent in Texican and profanity. i also have a BS in bullshit, as a matter of fact, if bullshit was a cash crop, Texas would have more money than Saudi Arabia.
I speak Dutch, English, German and a bit of french.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
I'm learning both French and German, but I'm not particually good at either.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by henkschins
I speak Dutch, English, German and a bit of french.

Nice

Although I assume (as you put Dutch first) that you are Dutch. I have great respect for non-english people as we are generaly all so ****ing that we don't learn other languages, and leave it to everyone else.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I'm learning both French and German, but I'm not particually good at either.

Out of interest, which do you find easier? I have always reckong French is the harder, although never having studied German, I cannot have a very vaild opinion.

Also, why aren't you in bed young lady? It is gone midnight!

Edit: Sorry for double post... I am a fool, and slow on the pc
Yeah, I am dutch.
English is being tought in 5th grade (we have a different schoolsystem 5th grade is age 9-10) and German in 7th grade (age 11-12).
Basic French is another 2 years of waiting (age 13-14).
So we are 'forced' to learn them all.
Quote by henkschins
Yeah, I am dutch.
English is being tought in 5th grade (we have a different schoolsystem 5th grade is age 9-10) and German in 7th grade (age 11-12).
Basic French is another 2 years of waiting (age 13-14).
So we are 'forced' to learn them all.

Hey man, that's good! Someday, everyone will stop talking English and then about 90% of my country will be so ****ed at getting along in the world. ****ing ignorant peasants of this country...

Year 5 (5th Grade) is age 9-10 over here too
Since you allready speak English you will find it easier to learn German. German and English are both Germanic languages whereas French is a Romance language.
Quote by Nick_
bonjour

comment ca va?

Bonjour ou bonsoir? Euh... Il est le matin maintenant

(Love speaking French Although I'm shite at typing it)

Je suis tres bien, merci, mais je suis fatigué, en peu. Et toi?

Some mod is really going to complaing about this I bet.....
Quote by henkschins
Since you allready speak English you will find it easier to learn German. German and English are both Germanic languages whereas French is a Romance language.

I have been doing French for about 6 years now, and my girlfriend has been doing German for about 5. She seems way better than I am, but maybe that is because I am damn lazy
Salut (I don't think there is any reason to be all that formal with the bonjours)

je suis fatigué aussi.

BTW If the Dutch wouldn't have traded New Amsterdam for Suriname back in the day, there would be a good chance we would be speaking dutch in this forum
Quote by henkschins
BTW If the Dutch wouldn't have traded New Amsterdam for Suriname back in the day, there would be a good chance we would be speaking dutch in this forum

I am ignorant on world history! Why is that so?
Quote by Chimpy101
I am ignorant on world history! Why is that so?

New Amsterdam was the main Dutch colony in North America, it is now New York City.

I wouldn't completely agree with henkschins, due to various reasons, but he does have a point.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
New Amsterdam was the main Dutch colony in North America, it is now New York City.

I wouldn't completely agree with henkschins, due to various reasons, but he does have a point.

Ah, fair enough. I know shit all about the US. Maybe it would have been a good thing if NYC was kept by the Dutch? Who knows?
I speak German, English and the most profanity loaded latin american spanish imaginable.

As well as NY Bullshit., which is just another dialect of bullshit but with a different accent than the bros in Britain.
Quote by Chimpy101
Ah, fair enough. I know shit all about the US. Maybe it would have been a good thing if NYC was kept by the Dutch? Who knows?

Don't worry they left a great legacy of place names in NY and NJ that no one outside of the area can either pronounce right or spell.

[Edit] Except the Dutch...
Last edited by anarkee at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by Chimpy101
Bonjour ou bonsoir? Euh... Il est le matin maintenant

(Love speaking French Although I'm shite at typing it)

Je suis tres bien, merci, mais je suis fatigué, en peu. Et toi?

Some mod is really going to complaing about this I bet.....

Je parle un peu francais mais tu parle le francais tres tres mal!

How was that?
I know enough French to carry on a conversation. I try to keep my French sharp by posting on French forums.
conversational japanese, can read basic kanji + all hiragana and katakana (of course)
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
Quote by Applehead
Yeah so today, had an amazing day right. Woke up to a blowjob and Chopins minute waltz. Went out to some bacon and eggs, all being served by my naked girlfriend (she fine, trust me). So i go sit in the louge and this weeks NME is on the table, as well as some freshly squeezed orange juice. So in she comes with the breakfast, and man those eggs were soft...if you know what i'm saying. Then, i went to work and there was nobody else on the tube in my carriage. Also, someone had cleaned it, so it smelt of meadows. meadows i tell you! So i get to work and my boss says "you work so hard, take a day off - go spend it with your loved ones". Sheeeeet, aint gotta tell me twice. So i jet back home - no other passengers again, lovin it - and she's waiting there for me, naked. I cant wait to get my hands on her. I dash into my bedroom, pick her up, plug her in, put her round my neck, put on Some Rage Against The Machine, and rock out life a motherfucker. I love my bass.

i just thought that was england's english.................
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Confused4930
German FTW

I can speak enough to the point where I'd be able to survive in Germany

you don't need to speak German to survive in Germany. English is a required course there now. Still, it isl nice to speak the language. I personally took over 5 years of German, and was very close to true fluency. Unfortunately I've fallen out of practice in the past few years because theres no one around who speaks it. My grandmother does (she was born and raised in Germany) but I don't speak with her often.

Quote by Applehead
I speak fluent bullshit.

I speak the Retail varient of this language. I can make anyone at any time think that I actually give a crap about what they're saying and actually give thought to their opinion when I do in fact absolutely hate them, don't want to hear their shit and would be rather pleased if they walked outside and were promptly struck by lightning. This also applies on internet forums, in public and with friends' friends. Its possibly the single most important language there is. All hail Bullshit!

Quote by watchingmefall
but I can fluently speak english, better than most pitmonkeys

not to burst your bubble or anything, but saying you can speak english better than a pit monkey is like saying you can play basketball better than a quadrapalegic. Its really not that hard to do.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Page 1 of 2