sorry guys i am. im getting a cab (hopefully i can at least get a Micro Amp with someone money, then combine the rest with report card + b day money for the amp) for my blues junior.

what speakers should i get for a healthy mix of rock and metal? seriously, like 50/50 each. im speaker retarded so i dont know which one. which exact amp too?

show the color, like the frame then the grille. show me. then ill look. make sure its also the amp that can be pushed the hardest. and plz, something by avatar, hopefully that exact one i specified (http://www.avatarspeakers.com/g212h%20special.htm) or something $350 and under.

remember

1. Able to be pushed by Blues Jr
2. healthy mix of metal and rock.

thanks guys.

srry for all these threads. i really am, its just im super un-technolagicly advanced at this stuff. thanks!
I heard the Orange 1x12 cab is good!
It has a Celestion V-30 which is one of the best speaker around! Look into it! tho its orange in colour!! :P
wow this dropped back a page quick. seriously some help people?

i dont want to get a speaker thats a blues speaker.

and the blues junior will still sound like a blues junior right?
It'll sound close to a blues junior, but it will by no means still sound the same.

Speaker choice makes a big difference in town. The G12 should suit you well for what you mentioned.

You could also e-mail the guy at Avatar. He was a really great guy when I spoke to him.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
^ well i know the g12, but i dunno what speakers, theyll make a huge difference. i dunno which ones. healthy mix of rock and metal, but my rock is classic rock, so i dont want to sacrifice anything, although i might have to.

^ i mean it will still sound ya know, like a tube amp?
they have Greenback-Greenback, Vintage 30-Vintage 30, Vintage 30-G12H30, Hellatone60L-Hellatone60L, T-100-T-100, Tonker-Tonker, Swamp Thang-Tonker, Hellatone 30-Hellatone 60 and Governor-Swamp Thang.

which one for Thrash, Rock, Metal and Classic rock?
i'm not too well up on speakers, but judging by the specs, I'd have thought g12h30, if you can get that in a pair.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm not too well up on speakers, but judging by the specs, I'd have thought g12h30, if you can get that in a pair.

no i cant :'(
^ garg. g12h + v30, maybe? no idea how that'd work out, though.

or else just email them to see what they say.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ garg. g12h + v30, maybe? no idea how that'd work out, though.

or else just email them to see what they say.

i was just gonna say im gonna email him. ill tell you what he says.
^

also, you can email the speaker companies too- eminence, celestion (dr decibel, it's a bit confusing as to whom you need to address your email, lol) and weber have all got back to me reasonably quickly in the past. just for some extra info.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ it's pretty rubbish, though, isn't it?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
he said 2 vintage 30's.

what hetfield and hammett used.

thanks guys!

PS: Im finally learning how to do a speaker out jack!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ it's pretty rubbish, though, isn't it?

what, the Celestion Tone selector thing? It's alright. It gives you a good idea of what does what. Listen to any clip with the Alnico Blues and you'll cream your trousers
Quote by Gutch220
Also check out the Celestion tone selector and other such things from other companies

Tried the tone selector, and it's hillarious! For EVERY style of music, when selecting 50/100 watt head and 412 cabinet, the 2 they recommend are V30 and G12. But I must say, V30s are amazing speakers. I love mine.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
looks like you already made your decision, but here is eminence's version
http://www.eminence.com/pdf/tone_guide.pdf
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by Gutch220
Listen to any clip with the Alnico Blues and you'll cream your trousers

whys that?
Quote by Gutch220
what, the Celestion Tone selector thing? It's alright. It gives you a good idea of what does what. Listen to any clip with the Alnico Blues and you'll cream your trousers

better clips here...

http://www.proguitar.de/AudioDemo/AudioDemo.html

but yeah, those blues sound really nice. just, i can't really justify one for my VJ, lol, the speaker costs about twice what the amp does.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
maybe not for that amp, but I reccomend them. They are amazingly responsive, and have this awesome "clicky" type sound. It's hard to explain
^ i hear ya!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?