Page 1 of 2
Well, I put a Sharpie permanent marker to my Epi Les Paul 100. I drew some designs(Slash, the Slash snake, and some other Slash related stuff.) So, I decided I didn't like it that much, so I took it off with some rubbing alcohol. But the problem is, most of it came off, but some of it has now gotten stuck into the finish. No amount of alcohol or anything I try will get it off. So I am asking you guys, should I sand paper the areas? Then what though? Would I have to re polish the guitar? How the hell do I polish a guitar? Like with those buffers lol? Damn.
lolz
id just repaint the whole thang unless you really dig it
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
*ahem* did you realize that it was a permanent marker? did you already know that? are you retarded?
Why would you even do that? It's like getting tattoos and bumper stickers. Eventually you arent gonna like them.

And I doubt sandpaper would be a good idea. You'd scrape off half the paint and finish if you did that.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
how high were you when you did this?
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
pics?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by GdayArmstrong
*ahem* did you realize that it was a permanent marker? did you already know that? are you retarded?

uh actually rubbing alcohol usually does take sharpie off even though it is permanent so think b4 u talk fool and don't kick people when they're down
pics!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
your screwed. either leave it on or you'll have to re-paint because there's no way you're going to be able to take sandpaper to it without destroying the clearcoat.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
lightly sand it with some steel wool, the lightest gauge of wool you can find
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by sk8r
Just cover the marker with a sticker.

+10
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
try a little bit of acetone... so long as that doesn't take off the finish. acetone takes permanent marker off of glass and stuff like that, but i'm not sure how it will fare on your finish...
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
Ilike the steel wool idea but the sticker would be good too next time use dry erase
this thread is pointless without pics !!!!
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
dont worry i do stupid stuff too...alot...constantly....i gotta go do somethin stupid now...later dude
ok c ya after m8 :P

it might not be that bad tbh unless it like alpine white with black marker but it might not be too bad and therefore can leave it.

but still need pics first
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Sorry, I would take pics, but my camera phone ain't good enough to display the marker on the finish. So yeah....you can see it from a distance, and it is pretty noticeable. My picture of Slash's skull from the Appetite for Destruction cover is very noticeable. Dang, stickers it is.
laquer thinner..... hehe
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Look at it this way, it's not like it was a real Gibby or anything, so who cares. Right? Right.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
youre lucky its something like a les paul 100...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by ParryPerson
Look at it this way, it's not like it was a real Gibby or anything, so who cares. Right? Right.

Yeah, i guess....
Either:

A) Write over it with a dry-erase marker, and then wipe it off (this will work most of the time if the permanent marker is still fresh.

B) Use rubbing alcohol.

C) Use nail polish remover (or acetone).

D) Punch yourself in the face for being a dumbass.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Warnings have been dished out for spam posts.

To the OP, you can find products that remove permanent marker, I think one brand is disolveit. They work wonders.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Or how about just sanding the whole guitar and painting it a colour you like. Hell, if your gonna write on it. Might aswell paint on it aswell.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Page 1 of 2