i rather like these guitars, its abit different than most guitars and not OTT.

which series are any good ive seen a fewbeen played and some did sound ok.

Are the NJ series anygood and what about the eviledge?

my friend won one couple years ago and i breifly played it but not properly.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
If you do get a Mockingbird (doesn't exactly matter which series), replace the pick-ups immediatly. BC Rich isn't exactly a high quality brand.
yeh i was thinking i would replace them for a more metal tone. my band do alot of punk and metal sort of stuff.
our heaviness (that a word?) ranges from around avenged sevenfold/bullet/trivium. that sort of heavy. so a mockingbird could be quite kool. i have lp's now but the necks are really thick and i find it hard to play more heavy stuff on it because on the thickness so a thin neck could prove well plus mockingbirds are the only "metal" guitar that have ever really caught my eye and i would consider playing except rr's and flynig v's
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
NJ series is pretty decent. I had a NJ Bich a few years ago. The pickups were a bit muddy, but nothing a swap couldn't cure.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
I just bought a new Mockingbird special II, i beleive that is the model... in dragons blood red. Its a wonderful guitar probably my favorite. I choose it over my explorer and RR. Go for older Bc Rich stuff imo. but yeah Bc pickups arent the greatest either.
cheers ive always liked these but heard bc rich's are awful but i also heard the NJ series are good so yeah im gonna be looking into this
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Anyone who says BC Rich is awful has usually played the lowest end models and judged the whole brand by them (As they seem to be the most common).

If you like them, go for it. I love their NJ series.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
yeah alot of people either own or have played the bronze series. i played a vitnage warlock and it was awful dont know how it compares to the bc rich warlock.

a shop near me sells bc richs im not sure if there all bronze though but i know majority are bronze. ill have to have a look next time im there
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Yeah, Mockingbirds are great, as long as you avoid the bronze series. As said above, the NJ series is nice.
most mockingbirds if not all ive seend dont come with a trem. how come slash's does or is that cause he got like a $3000 one?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Well, the Bronze and Platnium series were discontinued, so maybe the'll stock up on good equipment soon.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
I have a Kerry King Wartribe, plays better than my Ibanez GX65. It's got great pickups.
my mate has the kerry king v (that same guitar?) and he hates it. says neck is bad and pickups are crap so its covered in daft stickers. since its basswood i might buy it off him redo the paint and pups etc and have myself a kickass V but not sure yet. offers always there though if i want it
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Good Mocks are great. If I could afford a good one (NJ and above) id jump at it. I love the shape, its extreme, yet refined.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
i like the shape but bc rich makes the crappiest pickups in history. my singers bich is the worst sounding guitar ever. pair it with an avt half stack and you have the worst guitar tone imaginable.
I can confirm the stock pickups in BC rich Imports(bronze, platinum, NJ, N7) truely SUCK.

My N7 mockingbird has a EMG 707 at the bridge, and it sounds FAR better than the stock neck pickup. I only ever use the neck pickup when I don't want as many harmonics.

My only complaint is the neckdive, even with the strap button on the back and a 4" wide leather strap, it still hangs parallel to the ground(not proper neckdive I know)but its still a bit annoying that it doesn't hang like all my other guitars/basses
Last edited by thedonutman at Mar 1, 2007,
is there a trem on the mockingbird nj?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
oh the only one is the ST. how much they go for in uk?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
what about the platinum pro?
its in the same price range as the NJ almost identical prices
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Quote by joe_k
i like the shape but bc rich makes the crappiest pickups in history. my singers bich is the worst sounding guitar ever. pair it with an avt half stack and you have the worst guitar tone imaginable.

Close, pair it with an MG half stack THEN you have the worst guitar tone imaginable
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
i have an nj warlock and i like it, if you like the guitar you should go for it, replace the pickups but eveything else is cool and i love the neck
lower models are bad but anything nj up are good and get better
sweet i really like them. i saw slash use it on you could be mine video and on the live dvd and ive seen him use it with VR, also saw the guitarist from stolen sun use one. there a local band but have toured with trash light vision.

im gonna be looking for one with a trem
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass