I will have about 500 bucks next month, and I want it to go to an amp to replace my spider 2 75 watt. I play pretty much only metal. What is the best combo amp for playing metal, for around 500 bucks? I realize the utlimate would be something like a mesa tripple rectifier half stack but that is waaaay out of my price range, which is why I want a combo. Also, I just play at home so I have no need of 100+ watt to exterminate the neighbourhood.
WTLTL 2011
^ +1

Also check out the B52 AT series. Its supposed to be like a poor mans Mesa, so I would check them out. It would have enough gain for most metal, but you could always get an OD pedal for it if its not enough gain for you.
not sure if it makes a difference, but my next guitar will be one with active pickups (most likely EMG81/85)
WTLTL 2011
How about you combine your money for your guitar with the money for your amp to get an ultimate tube amp for metal? You already have a nice guitar.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
haha that would have been a nice idea, except that second guitar is more of a very distant future kinda thing. I realise my amp sucks horseraddish, so I need a new amp ASAP. However, I'm not willing to spend more than about 500 bucks because I play for myself and friends, no need to get a 100+ watt ultra-tone-state-of-the-art-beast-ozzfest-size-gig-amp. As soon as I have a good amp, I will start saving up for a guitar with the mentioned specs.

which brings me back to the topic lol. There are so many combo amps around 500 bucks to choose from, and GC doesnt often allow volume over like 1 so I need some help with what to get.
WTLTL 2011
theres never a reason not to get a "100+ watt ultra-tone-state-of-the-art-beast-ozzfest-size-gig-amp".....

just buy a pod for your amp if your just playing for yourself...then youll have $100 for like masturbation cream or something
100 bucks for masturbation cream...thats like.....3 lifetimes of jacking off 5x every day o_O

seriously though, *feels like noob* what's a pod?
WTLTL 2011
^^ damn.... a pod is a multi effects pedal made by line6. it has amp models and cabs and tons of effects,basically a digital "tone machine" lol. it sounds pretty good, decent effects, amo models are decent if you spend the time but mostly its better for effects which is the only thing i use, and an eq but its good for what this kid would use it for and want and need.
lol ok. I have a bunch of effect pedals, including multi-effects stuff. It all sounds crummy through the spider tho. either too sharp, or lifeless. thus, the new amp:p
WTLTL 2011
Pod 2xt or whatever it's called.

It sounds real nice...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R