yea well im thinkin about gettin a new bass but im not sure which one i should get. i use an american p bass right now so i want an upgrade from that. i mostly play stuff like red hot chili peppers. i also play alot of led zeppelin,nirvana,primus,blink 182. so yea just give me an opinion on which bass i should get
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
How much is your budget?

Though since you want to "upgrade" from a MIA Fender, I assume fairly high. And you have a Jazz already so I won't throw that one out there. If you play a lot of RHCP, you should definitely be checking out the Musicman line, specifically the Stingray.

Check out the Lakland Skyline series as well, they're the foreign-produced version of Lakland basses, and are orgasmically nice.

Frankly, just go to your local music store and just play everything you can get your paws on for a few hours.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Well, how much are you willing to spend?

I have a Warwick and an American Deluxe Jazz and love them dearly. They're both active, and I think that's the next step to take.

If you tell me your price range, I can tell you what Warwick/Fenders I would recommend.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
buy a new amp
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
i dont really need a new amp....it sounds great and the volume is enough... and my budget is around 1,000-1,500 dollars
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by epy
buy a new amp

and by the way get a new bass
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Also, I don't see anything wrong with upgrading your Jazz instead of your Precision. If you get an American Jazz, you'll have 2 classic US made Fenders.

And yeah, I totally forgot about Stingrays. You could also get that cool new 2 pickup 5-string Stingray.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i wish i could upgrade from an AMERICAN PRECISION BASS
sigh money is so hard to come by these days
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Ibanez SR series

Cort Artisans

Cort Curbows

Musicman Stingrays

IMHO Fenders are nowadays crap quality unless you buy the MIJ ones.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Feb 28, 2007,
Quote by Double Basser

*fondles Aerodyne P*
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by Double Basser

*fondles American Deluxe Jazz*
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by salemboicot
epiphone thunderbird.

I wouldn't recommend a thunderbird... They are one of the worst basses I have ever played. Even worse than Fenders. Then again, you might like them too
gibson tunderbirds are nice and check out a musicman stingray, early blink and rhcp used those so check them out
I'd get a better amp - seriously I would. I love Ampeg but the BAs are utter gash, IMO. You've got a pair of great basses. Give them the amplification they deserve!
I agree with the amp suggestion. And why not mod your P-Bass? Put some QP's in it and a new Badass III bridge. And on the American vs Jap Fender front, I guess I got lucky because my MIA P-Bass is one of the nicest Fenders I have ever played. I tried out some Japanese ones in a local store and they didn't really compare but each to their own
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^Yeah, I think the halcyon days of MIJ being better than MIA are over (and have been since about 1995).

I don't think you can compare an MIJ to SCN pickups, 18-volt electronics, graphite reinforcement, and S1 switching.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Get a Warwick.

Or get a custom Bass from one of the Luthiers all over the internet! It is a $3-5k Bass made exclusevly for you. That is as high as you can POSSABLY go for a 4 or 5 string. (6-14 strings can go as high as $15k)

But remember, geting a good Bass is only half the battle! Nomatter how good of a Bass you get, a ****ign awesome Bass will still sound mediocre through a mediocre amp!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
for the kind of stuff your playing i think staggs arnt bad, i use a stagg for that kind of music
Quote by maiden curt
for the kind of stuff your playing i think staggs arnt bad, i use a stagg for that kind of music

staggs are very good beginner basses, but not an upgrade from an american Precision bass.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
You can probably get the entire Stagg catalogue for an American P-Bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by Fast_Bear

Or get a custom Bass from one of the Luthiers all over the internet! It is a $3-5k Bass made exclusevly for you. That is as high as you can POSSABLY go for a 4 or 5 string. (6-14 strings can go as high as $15k)

You don't peruse the Ritter catalogue, do you?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

*ahem* Stingray!

IMHO better than any Fender you shall ever come across and you get more than you pay for with a SR
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
why do you want a new bass? what are your needs from it? tone? playability? weight? more strings?
just buy a stingray or sterling they're the best....
but i dunno if you can but one with 1200 bucks..
AbsentMind
If i were you i would get a rickenbacker 4003 or the new 4004 , but thats mostly cus i think they are the s*** not cus they would have a great sound for you
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
tell me what u get when u decide man, how do u get the pictures at the side of ur comments?