the place where im buying my guitar sells only digi tech pedals and if i buy my guitar and all them pedals in cash im pretty sure they'll give me a deal. =] but i wanna know what you guys think of digi tech pedals.
the digitech whammy is great. but digitech pedals are digital, and its probably better to invest in analog than digital, and its better quality. so try to get your guitar somewhere else and im sure they'd give you a deal on just the guitar
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I have a digitech rp100a and it works very well. I love that freaking pedal! They are pretty good!
as the guy 2 above said, there shitty pedals, aside from the whammy pedal. and the expression pedal. aside from that i wouldnt waste my money on any of them.
They're actually pretty good. Whammy's a winner definetly....but even though they're "digital", they still have a pretty decent sound...I personally love the Digitech Grunge. It's pretty easy to use and has a nice distortion.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
They aren't "shitty" pedals at all. That usually comes from Boss fanboys. I have the digitech grunge and it is AMAZING. Very versatile, reliable, and they are pretty much invincible. Digital or not, they sound great. Except maybe the death metal, it is really noisy. I have never personally tried a boss so i can't say but i've heard from people who have, that they either thought the digitechs were just as good or better than the boss pedals. And ALOT cheaper. So ya digitech distortion = amazing. As far as effects, i've heard alot of good things about the digidelay and the chorus.
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
ive seen a few things about the digitech grunge pedal. its not necasarily a bad sound, but its not versitle at all. i tryed one and i didnt get too many different tones out of it and i was messing around with it for a while. i wouldnt say only "boss fanboys" despise digitechs. boss does make pretty solid pedals. and the thing is a lot of digitech pedals try to recreate sounds of other pedals.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I have a digitec rp3 and it's pretty solid. Great sounds.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
i like the sound of the hot head better than the ds-1... but id rather have electro harmonix pedals
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
boss > digitech
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
digitec death metal awesome!!!
Clapton is God

fender telecaster custom
cry baby wah
digitech death metal
dan electro delay
korg multi effects
boss chromatic tuner
marshall VALVESTATE 8040

oasis acoustic (wonderwall video)
Quote by viginti_tres
They aren't "****ty" pedals at all. That usually comes from Boss fanboys. I have the digitech grunge and it is AMAZING. Very versatile, reliable, and they are pretty much invincible. Digital or not, they sound great. Except maybe the death metal, it is really noisy. I have never personally tried a boss so i can't say but i've heard from people who have, that they either thought the digitechs were just as good or better than the boss pedals. And ALOT cheaper. So ya digitech distortion = amazing. As far as effects, i've heard alot of good things about the digidelay and the chorus.

Congratulations for providing an unbalanced argument
You said you haven't tried any boss pedals before and you say 'Boss Fanboys' call them crap pedals.
So, if you haven't tried them before, perhaps, you should try one out, the tell us how it goes.
After all, you are doing this unassertive claim, which all it does is..nothing really.
ehh...."shrugs"

there are worse out there. there's also a lot better. Some stuff is good for the money (Bad Monkey) but I just don't like most of them. I'm spoiled in the pedals department.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Invictious
Congratulations for providing an unbalanced argument
You said you haven't tried any boss pedals before and you say 'Boss Fanboys' call them crap pedals.
So, if you haven't tried them before, perhaps, you should try one out, the tell us how it goes.
After all, you are doing this unassertive claim, which all it does is..nothing really.

...and cogratulations to you for not knowing what words mean. He said that Boss fanboys were trashing Digitech, but that doesn't mean that he can't say good things about Digitech without being a Digitech fanboy trashing on Boss. Did you notice him saying anything bad about Boss? He didn't.
Quote by Nemesis260
boss > digitech

it depends on your amp and guitar

some digitech pedals are awesome, like the whammy or some multi fx pedals (i haven't tried any other digitech pedals)

i've played with 2 different boss pedals, the ds-1 which everyone loves except by me, and a boss overdrive(the yellow one) and i loved it

a friend has a completely different opinion, he hates the yellow one (i think it's the super overdrive or something like that) and loves the ds-1
Quote by Pikka Bird
...and cogratulations to you for not knowing what words mean. He said that Boss fanboys were trashing Digitech, but that doesn't mean that he can't say good things about Digitech without being a Digitech fanboy trashing on Boss. Did you notice him saying anything bad about Boss? He didn't.

I was saying that it was an unwanted generalization, unless you want me to say everything directly straight to everyone's face.

It's called, reading, then thinking about what it means.

btw, congratulations for spelling 'congratulations' wrong. I honestly don't know what THAT word meant.
Quote by Invictious
I was saying that it was an unwanted generalization, unless you want me to say everything directly straight to everyone's face.

It's called, reading, then thinking about what it means.

btw, congratulations for spelling 'congratulations' wrong. I honestly don't know what THAT word meant.

But that wasn't what you wrote, so no matter how many times I'd have read it, I'd still reach the same conclusion. You went off on some tangent saying that he should try some Boss pedals before saying anything, without mentioning the generalization he made (and he did, I admit that freely. And I'll even grant you that it was wrong of him to do so).
And by the way- Good call there, claiming an obvious typo proves that someone doesn't know how to spell. Them's sum mad debatin' skillz.
i own the hot head and i think it's pretty awesome
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
i like digitech pedals. ive got a multi-voice chorus a really dig it. and before i got a tube amp i used a metal master distortion pedal and loved it. im thinking about trading the MM for a tone driver
The bad monkey is one of their very best pedals

Its amazing what that thing can do, to me it sounds better then the original tube screamers.
not all digitech pedals are digital for example the bad monkey, Grunge, Hot Head, Screamin' Blues and death metal. Them pedals are analogue. I own the bad monkey, Screamin' Blues and the grunge. I have also tried lots of boss pedals which i like but one of the best things i like about the digitech pedal is they are sturdy as you like with all that metal casing .
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Pikka Bird
But that wasn't what you wrote, so no matter how many times I'd have read it, I'd still reach the same conclusion. You went off on some tangent saying that he should try some Boss pedals before saying anything, without mentioning the generalization he made (and he did, I admit that freely. And I'll even grant you that it was wrong of him to do so).
And by the way- Good call there, claiming an obvious typo proves that someone doesn't know how to spell. Them's sum mad debatin' skillz.

No, perhaps you didn't think deep enough about my post, there were hidden implications, you didn't bother looking for it.
Heh, I can look at any post and misinterpret it intentionally.
Words are like music, you can't possible fit everything you want to say into one thing.
That's why we have brains
I have a DigiTech MetalMaster, and I gotta say, its pretty freakin beast. It gives off a good, heavy sound and can do a lot of different distortions (i'd say from Pantera to Lamb of God). I had it for about a year, but it finally crapped out on me (it'd been getting pretty abused going to and from school) so I went out and bought another one. But if u do get one, get the power adapter for it. They eat a 9V in about 5 hours.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
i use the rp50 and i'm pretty pleased with it, although i really only use 2 settings out of 80 (and those two are one's i tampered with myself.)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
I like the Death Metal pedal. It sound awesome. Also the jimmy whammy. Other than those effects, go for the Boss stuff.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Bleh. Call me a fanboy, but I'm a Boss man. I've used the Death Metal Pedal (Bees in a trashcan-quality sound), and the Hyper Phaser (cheap sound, never stood out enough, unwanted distortion/boost).
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Bad Monkey is amazing. I spank it every time I play.
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
I don't like them.

I let my mate's band use my amp for their set last Friday. He plugs in his Digitech Grunge and totally succeeded in making my beautiful Orange valve amp sound like a cheap solid state amp.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Invictious
No, perhaps you didn't think deep enough about my post, there were hidden implications, you didn't bother looking for it.
Heh, I can look at any post and misinterpret it intentionally.
Words are like music, you can't possible fit everything you want to say into one thing.
That's why we have brains

No matter how anybody looks at that post, there simply is nothing to suggest what you say you meant to imply. And don't use the "brain" high horse, because you really have no case here, and for you to try to insult me based on intellect is beyond pitiful.

So go ahead, analyze... What did I mean to say with this post? Because I always mean to say all sorts of things that I don't want to bother typing in. Just like you. I'm smart like that, you see.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at May 25, 2007,
i have a digidelay and i love it, but its still just a delay pedal. i've also never tried any other pedals since i cant afford anything right now. the digidelay is great, but if you buy it definetly get an adapter, because ive heard that it can use up a 9V in about 5 min, although i dont know for sure because ive used an adapter ever since i bought it.
I think Digitech makes a better distortion pedal than boss personally, and i think the whammy is far superior to there super shifter pedal or whatever. However Boss has got digitech on other effects like chorus and tremolo. I do like there overdrive pedals better, thats not including distortion like the DS-1 or Metalzone(BLAGH.(

Of course this is all coming from somebody who is a MXR Fanboy. :P
I have a Digitec Metal Master and its pretty chillin, i love how it makes my ****ty amp sound descent...but when i get a tube amp then i might have to do away with the MM
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
I have played a Hot Head and Death Metal and they were both really good, (but I think Line 6's Death Metal pedal is far better). I currently own a Grunge for the genre of music I play, and it really exceeded my expectations as I used to think Digitech were rubbish.
I have never liked Boss though, the cheaper ones are 100% crap and dont really get good until you get to the really, really expensive ones.
dang i had a chance to get the death metal digitec pedal for about 20 bucks but i thought it was crappy so i passed it up oh well. Yea i think boss is overated, but i do like the DD-6
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...