all right there have been a bunch of stories about how much you hate or like guitar center and all that. from now on i think most of us would appreciate it if we all kept it in one thread. have at it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
ok ill start i was there on presidents day and i bargined a boss sd-1 superoverdrive from 70 to 60 with a power suply
idk if youre trying to be sarcastic or not, but i just thought there about 10 threads a day about "o i hate guitar center" and stuff so why not just have one big one
Lunatics on pogo sticks
guitar center is cool... sometimes its hard to get something you want brand new from the stock room so they end up selling the floor model for a discounted price. they have good prices, probably the best in the business.
Quote by Ryank285
guitar center is cool... sometimes its hard to get something you want brand new from the stock room so they end up selling the floor model for a discounted price. they have good prices, probably the best in the business.

Usually music stores sell what's on the floor, unless it's beginner stuff.
everyone at mine is a dirtbag except 2 guys that are cool. its like a car dealership, theyre just waiting for you to come in like sharks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Hasn't this been done like, 4 times already?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
everyone at mine is a dirtbag except 2 guys that are cool. its like a car dealership, theyre just waiting for you to come in like sharks

The rugrats FTW!!
Quote by Jinskee
Hasn't this been done like, 4 times already?

i did your mom 4 times already *high five someone...*
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
i did your mom 4 times already *high five someone...*

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Now that i've got a friend who works there

I love the place haha I get everything at street value!
Quote by Siciliano
Gc Sucks Just Like This Thread!!

I walked in once and left with $1400 of junk for $1200. So, I'm cool with them.

Yes, I probably could've talked down from the $1200 at a mom and pop type place, but such places seem pretty hard to find within a reasonable distance of where I live.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany
1993 US Peavey Predator with Texas Specials
Crate Palomino V16
Boss OD-3
Quote by Hikeeba
I walked in once and left with $1400 of junk for $1200. So, I'm cool with them.

Yes, I probably could've talked down from the $1200 at a mom and pop type place, but such places seem pretty hard to find within a reasonable distance of where I live.

i highly doubt that you will find a mom and pop shop that will be cheaper than guitar center... unless i have been going to the wrong ones...
Quote by Ryank285
i highly doubt that you will find a mom and pop shop that will be cheaper than guitar center... unless i have been going to the wrong ones...

Now that makes me feel better. I can get rid of the nagging feeling that I was surreptitiously shafted.
My Gear:
Crate Palomino V16
Boss OD-3
Quote by Hikeeba
Now that makes me feel better. I can get rid of the nagging feeling that I was surreptitiously shafted.

... however, u can find a lot of things on ebay alot cheaper than guitar center. everything is always cheaper on ebay.
Quote by Ryank285
... however, u can find a lot of things on ebay alot cheaper than guitar center. everything is always cheaper on ebay.

What did I do to make you hate me so?
My Gear:
Crate Palomino V16
Boss OD-3
Quote by Hikeeba
What did I do to make you hate me so?

haha, i was just messing. u got a good deal. i wouldnt trust guitar equipment through ebay.
Quote by Ryank285
haha, i was just messing. u got a good deal. i wouldnt trust guitar equipment through ebay.

As was I. Feel the same way about ebay, but I have seen some tempting stuff there.
My Gear:
Crate Palomino V16
Boss OD-3
Quote by Ryank285
everything is always cheaper on ebay.

True in more ways than one.
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend
Every time i go in thinking of purchasing something they completely turn me off and make me want to leave. They always ask what type of guitar i'm looking for, then demo the guitar. They demo the guitar so long and then just hand it to me when they're done wanking and stare at me. Also i notcied that no matter how shitty the guitar they always call it "beautiful". What the **** kind of sales pitch is that? "check out this beautiful guitar man yeah check this out *wank* yeah by the way im better than you but im 50 years old and i work at guitar center"
GC is fine. Most of the people who complain either don't know how to bargin for prices, or are just whiny kids.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by Reesh
Every time i go in thinking of purchasing something they completely turn me off and make me want to leave. They always ask what type of guitar i'm looking for, then demo the guitar. They demo the guitar so long and then just hand it to me when they're done wanking and stare at me. Also i notcied that no matter how shitty the guitar they always call it "beautiful". What the **** kind of sales pitch is that? "check out this beautiful guitar man yeah check this out *wank* yeah by the way im better than you but im 50 years old and i work at guitar center"

Here ya go:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
it is pretty funny how u see 30-40 year olds working at guitar center and its somewhat acceptable without making fun of them for working at a retail job.