I was looking at some digital delay pedals and i was wondering. What exactly is the difference between the Boss DD-3 and the Boss DD-6, besides like $50? Is one better than the other and if so, which one?
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
The DD6 has loads more features.... Plus tap tempo which is extremely useful...
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
sounds cool, thanks.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
if you're not too fixated on boss
check out the digitech digidelay
has almost the same features as the DD-6 ("only" 4 secs of delay as opposed to 5.2)
and is even cheaper than the DD-3

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the DD-3 is only $9 more, and it's proven reliable.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
well i was just saying that if the ts wanted the features of the DD-6 and didnt want to pay too much
he should check the digitech out

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Ill never go back, I used a digidelay for near two years and while the tap tempo was usefull it was y no means a saving fctor, the DD-3 I use now is much better in keeping your tonality intact.

Much betetr contruscted all around, and while the Digidelay is good for some situations IE low budget, its not on any big acts pedal boards for a reason...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
ive never actually tried it...

so i guess i'll believe you

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

IMO the best bet is the boss dd-5 if you can puck one up used. I had one and upgraded to the dd-6 but I think it sounds a little sterile.

Tried the digidelay but thought it felt a bit cheap and nasty, sound wasnt great either.
If moneys no oject, go for the dd-20 giga delay, there the best delay stomper by far.
I picked up a DD-20 about a month ago and I'm enjoying it. You can usually get it for just a little more than the DD-6, it's definitely worth it in my opinion. But to save money, the DD-3 is a GREAT pedal as well. Still use one for multiple delays w/ my DD-20.
as said the dd-6 has more features than the dd-3, but i never found a use for them - i tried them head to head and found that the dd-3 was perfect for me then one of my friends brothers was offloading his pedal board and on it was a dd-3 - so i got it for £40. i deffinately reccomend the dd-3 though both are great pedals - though if you can as johnny above said go for the dd-5 if you can find one - absolutely great pedal. but try out the dd-3 n the dd-6 head to head to see if you need the extra features of the dd-6 - you may find they're useless to you as they were to me.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
but try out the dd-3 n the dd-6 head to head to see if you need the extra features of the dd-6 - you may find they're useless to you as they were to me.

Too right, the long delay time and extra feature's are cool when your messin around on the DD-6 but when it comes to applying em in a band situation there lost on me.
exactly - i just want a delay - not a delay that it seems the only thing it can't do is cook and clean for me. in a band situation most of the features are seemingly worthless, too me anyway.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by SGKIDD
Much betetr contruscted all around, and while the Digidelay is good for some situations IE low budget, its not on any big acts pedal boards for a reason...

so are you saying that Arch Enemy, God Forbid, Kansas, Soil, and Trivium arent big acts. i owned the Digidelay and it was just as good as the DD3/6's that i played/owned.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Yes Yes I am.

Endorsing a product. And ACTUALLY using it live are two VERY differrent things. For example I have seen Vai and he wasnt using a legacy, nope he was using a bogner..

Zack wylde doesnt even use his pedals (the wah wah but not the od)

And just beacause you say that the Digidelay is as good as a DD-6 or a DD-3, explain why its less money than either of them with more features? Oh right because it's made crap components and made by a 6 year old korean kid.

I sure that Paul glibert, Slipknot, metallica, Edge, Mike enzinger, eric johnson, meatt heafy (yes he uses a DD-6 dont believe me see him live, then well talk),Dave mustain, dave navarro, Joe perry, George lynch, steve stevens, John mayor, Johnny highland, Mike stern, Joe walsh, allison robertson,Yngwie, petrucci, Phill collins and Korn all got it HORRIBLY wrong.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
And just beacause you say that the Digidelay is as good as a DD-6 or a DD-3, explain why its less money than either of them with more features? Oh right because it's made crap components and made by a 6 year old korean kid.

Its cheap because your buying the product not the name. your saying that the Made in Taiwan DD3/6 somehow enhances your tone more than the Made in the USA Digidelay? i dunno what REAL problems you had, but mine was never a hassle. sorry but your argument doesnt work until you tell us what was wrong with the Digidelay. plus i dont even understand what your saying until i re-read your posts 3 to 4 times, due to terrible spelling.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
One: read the sig.

Two: My digidelay, had a few issues. thin processed sound, and a lack of warmth. Also the switch eventually crapped out. It had an annoying background hum from the DAY I got it.
It had an annoying hiss after the switch was fixed, it completely STOPPED working after lessss then a year of usuage. Quality huh. The fact it colored my tone heavily also didnt make me too happy, and it was noisy in the respect that, if it was off or on didnt matter, you could tap it an hear that nose coming through the amp. Go tap a DD-3 and see what noise you get.

Case, rested.

Also there were a total of 2 spelling errors in my previous post..
Mail Goes here.

Last edited by SGKIDD at Feb 28, 2007,
ok sorry about the the misspelling thing, i dont read sigs unless im in the "pics only" thread.

i still think the Digidelay is a great pedal. i had a DD6 and it was good, but it had some issues with it as well. it would give off a buzzing sound at very random times, and wouldnt go into reverse mode if i turned the mode knob from the bottom(Warp) to reverse. i had to turn the knob past reverse and then bring it down to reverse. anyway, i traded it in for the DD20. also if youre expecting a digital pedal to keep your tone warm, then good luck. some may be warmer than others, but it'll still sound a little cold. i still love boss, but they're just as bad in the quality department.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
Its cheap because your buying the product not the name. your saying that the Made in Taiwan DD3/6 somehow enhances your tone more than the Made in the USA Digidelay? i dunno what REAL problems you had, but mine was never a hassle. sorry but your argument doesnt work until you tell us what was wrong with the Digidelay. plus i dont even understand what your saying until i re-read your posts 3 to 4 times, due to terrible spelling.

your spelling has to be right to criticize his.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Actually I agree and dis-agree ^^

My spelling is worng due to a condition. So critisize away.

I know proper grammar, but spelling is just, well... dude it's difficult. okay?

I also try and go over my posts and see if I have mispselled some things like have ends up being "ahve" ect, ect.

P.S. Digitech sucks. <-(j/k some of its ok. )
Mail Goes here.

If you're curious I'm actually in the process of selling my DD-3 right now.