Well my budget has gone up to 800 for my guitar so is this a good guitar for the range or Should I choose another I have Read the Reviews and it seems like agood axe but id liek a 2nd opinion(or 10th or sumthing) thanks!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
You could probably grab a Schecter Hellraiser with that cash. Excellent guitar for metal. They carry basically the same pick-ups as a Zakk Wylde Special, so you will get a fairly close sound, but you won't have to buy his signature model. Much as I love Zakk and BLS, I think buying signatures is retarded.
i agree ^ i like the wylde les paul, but schecters are so sexy, next time i get a guitar i want to get one
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i assume u play metal because of that axe, but i would reccomend a ibanez s series w/ the ZR trem a rg 1570
or just a regular les paul custom and u can buy real EMGS like the ones zakk actually uses
i heard the scheter hell razor is good and it has zakk's combo of emgs in it and had a OFR for i think 750
and u might wanna get a cheaper guitar but a better amp
I don't see what's so special about that guitar...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Do you like the look of the ZW guitar more than other epi LPs? The Epi LP customs and elitists are around the same price, especially if you haggle, and they are really good quality and value.

For less money you could get a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom. Its a single cut which looks nice and is supposed to be a really nice guitar for about $500.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I have money for the amp as well about 500 i may buy it used instead and yes i do play metal and i like the pickups and the finish along with its a les paul
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
You should not get it cause i said so and im mean
My gear
-----------------------------------------------------------
GIBSON LES PUAL STUDIO
MARSHALL 30MGDFX

other guitars
-WASHBURN ACCOUSTIC
-IBANEZ GSA 60
-BENTLY SERIS 10
I really like the guitar's looks.

If the neck feels great, good fret access, I'm definatly going to buy it.
Get an LTD Eclipse, a lot better for metal, a lot lighter, and of course active emgs.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
I'm sure its marked way up since its an artist model. A LTD or Schecter would prolly be better for the money. $800 gives you LOTS of options.
I agree...I honestly don't see what's so special about the epiphone zakk wylde guitar...looks pretty, but about the feel and tone?

Yeah, I say check out the LTD or Schecter guitars...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Just got to guitar center or whereever it is your buying it from, try out the epi wylde guitar, and the shecter, play them both for a good hour, you should be able to decide after that.
Know that you are spending extra for the name and for the paint job and you could get a better guitar for the money.

If that doesn't bother you, then more power to you.

EDIT: It comes with passive EMGs? Lame. Don't do it.

*shrug*
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Feb 28, 2007,
Passives? WTH!?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
They're still selling the Zakk Wylde LPs?

I thought they discontinued them when he signed with Dean.
If you want to pay over the odds for a flashy paintjob and someone's name on the box go for it, if you want bang for your buck and something that will sound good and not just look good go for a Washburn X50 PRO FE.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hellraiser > Epi ZW

The hellraiser has REAL EMG's the Epi has the cheap passive EMG's
Hmm, don't bother. It's a nasty guitar, or at least the one I played was. You'd get a much better quality guitar if you bought a non-signature model of a similar price.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yuck. I totally wouldn't get that guitar. But then again, I don't like the feel of Les Pauls, so I dunno.

I just thought it sounded and felt like crap. I'd never buy one even if I was on acid.
The Hellraiser OFR is 800, need i mention it has mahogany with a quilted maple top? (just like gibson lps) AND a OFR? AND active emgs?

The epi zw has what? All mahogany and just emg hz4s? Oh well at least it has the paintjob.
i thought the guitar sounded alright but it was the worst feeling guitar i have ever played. my epi les paul studio feels a million times better. get a different guitar and upgrade the pickups. plus you wont look like an ass being on stage with sum1 elses signiture guitar. actually the only other guitar i have played that that worse and also was the worst sounding guitar in history was my singer bc rich bich which had that shit paint job of a chicks butt in a g string. so yeh dont get either of those.
Quote by Chinomaster182
The Hellraiser OFR is 800, need i mention it has mahogany with a quilted maple top? (just like gibson lps) AND a OFR? AND active emgs?

The epi zw has what? All mahogany and just emg hz4s? Oh well at least it has the paintjob.

+1