Page 1 of 2
Some things being taught at school are apparently lies. Maybe it's the teacher's opinion and it's a bad one or something. This isn't this first time I've been told bad information so what false information have you been taught?

I bet math is the only truthful class.
[/spam]

Freeze...WTF?
Member #1 of the I Poker club. PM Highvoltage45 to join.
Last edited by musicmydrug16 at Feb 27, 2007,
Yep. I dont know what to tell ya. Everyone lies.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I think my Education is fairly go0d, 1t st4nds #0R !753l#
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
how about the fact that everyone says the Indians are called Indians because Columbus thought he was in India...India wasn't even called India back then...it was Hindustan
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
^He thought he was in the west indies.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Just wait till college, then all you have to do is figure out which lies are going to be on the final.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by iforgot539
^He thought he was in the west indies.

so i have been lied to by a teacher again...a couple of months ago my history teacher told us that and i actually believed her...

they actually tell that to all of the US history classes in my school...
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
My biology teacher last semester told me evolution was impossible because apes have 2 more chromosomes than humans..wtf..Isn't the definition of evolution to become better and more efficient..less chromosomes=less room for error. He also says that evolution is racist..although the theory of evolution obviously includes everyone..seeing as the word HUMAN is used in it several times...
Gear: Schecter Damien FR
15W Crate amp
Danelectro FAB Distortion pedal
Quote by rizo299
This thread is a bit curve-full, as in it has lots of curves, but no point.
The history textbooks leave out LOTS of stuff. Especially about how blacks have improved our society and even helped us alot in wars despite their poor equipment.

The Spanish american war the president to be took almost all the credit even though he would've died without the help of this all black cavalry.
Nope, my teachers didn't teach lies. It's flawless.

Can't say the same about my principal though
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
my math teacher said that if you have over 200 cds then you're messed or there's something wrong with you, if that's true then i'm like the Bernice Juach the fourth

You're also adopted.

Now your WHOLE life has been a lie.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
wow, wtf kinda schools u ppl go to? lmfao

i live in canada and were taught stuff that is real...

maybe all ur teachers are just really big dumb shits lol
Quote by 420Incense

When you get paid next to nothing, there is no reason to try.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
My second grade teacher told the class there are no egg-laying mammals. I brought in my Children's Encyclopedia of Animals the next day... Platypus and Echidna ftw!!
Quote by Siftings
My second grade teacher told the class there are no egg-laying mammals. I brought in my Children's Encyclopedia of Animals the next day... Platypus and Echidna ftw!!

You can't blame him/her for that dude ... the Platypus is one ****ed up animal
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Or maybe your an ignorant prick?

EDIT: Wow, nevermind, so many posts in such a little time.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
My science teacher said 1 ml is equal to 1 cm cubed is equal to 1 g. WTF MAN
I think he meant that water is that. But yeah, teachers lie

My lil bro is learning about Abe Lincoln and it says he was killed april 14th, 5 days before the end of the civil war
My history book says he was killed april 15th, 5 days AFTER the civil war. Then my history teacher says he was killed several weeks after the war. He's cool though =D
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
You can't blame him/her for that dude ... the Platypus is one ****ed up animal

gods sense of humor
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
that eating babys is wrong

... lying bitch... i looked in her lunch box that day and she had 3 dead babys in it
columbus wasnt a savior for finding this nation...he was a mass murderer, when he landed in the carribean and saw the people that inhabited the islands, the first thing he wrote in his journal was "these people would make great slaves" then he killed like all of them......fu*k columbus
My first grade teacher was convinced that watermelons are vegetables. There have only been two or three teachers in my school career thus far that had actually grasped the concept of the difference between fruits and vegetables.
Quote by dudey5691
god damn imaginary numbers!

i dunno, but imaginary means lies!? yes, no?

did somebody mention ?
Quote by 420Incense

Not really. Every teacher can lie due to bias or misinformation, just our schools actually taught us the bad things that Canada did too (like the Kamagata Maru). My friend knows some U.S. teachers and they say the things in the textbooks are pretty much complete bull. Tons of racism (such as calling Native Americans "American Indians" and completely ignoring shameful wars and contributions from ethnic heroes), vast misinformations and strange inaccuracies. Sorry to anyone who went to a pretty normal school but there are some real horror stories.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Quote by RPGoof
My science teacher said 1 ml is equal to 1 cm cubed is equal to 1 g. WTF MAN
I think he meant that water is that. But yeah, teachers lie

Well, he is right about 1 mL being equal to one cm cubed. As for the gram, he probably did mean of water.
did you know parrel lines actually meet!!! yes my teacher told me that "in college you find out two parrell lines meet!"

Quote by dudey5691
god damn imaginary numbers!

i dunno, but imaginary means lies!? yes, no?

arent all numbers imaginary? think about it, have you ever gone outside and seen the number 4 walking down the sidewalk?
Quote by Doolittle
did you know parrel lines actually meet!!! yes my teacher told me that "in college you find out two parrell lines meet!"

Only in non-Euclidian geometry, I believe.
Quote by Siftings

Arn't platypus's and echidna's considered marsoupials(sp)? I didn't think they were catagorized as mamals for some reason, could be wrong though.
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."
It's kind of funny to convince a teacher something really simple is actually not true.

Me: Hey, Mrs (whatever), what's 10 times 10?
Teacher: 100
Me: Um.. No, it is not
Teacher: It is
Me: I think I would know more about math than you
Teacher: It's really 100
Me: No, if you multiplied 10 by 10 you would get 1010.

Continue to do so until they yell at you or send you out of class or have some kind of 'give-up' result.

But I think I get a good education here in Wisconsin, it's a big thing we push for here, I don't know how well other schools are, but the ones in my area I think are pretty good. I haven't heard much B.S. spewed out of teachers (that I can really remember).
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by Karatwo
Arn't platypus's and echidna's considered marsoupials(sp)? I didn't think they were catagorized as mamals for some reason, could be wrong though.

Marsupials are mammals.
Page 1 of 2