Poll Options
View poll results: New VS Used
New
7 27%
Used
19 73%
Voters: 26.
So what do you think?
Dish out teh extra cash for new gear or hunt around for used gear?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
new, i feel safer knowing nothing bad has happened to it yet
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Depends.... what did you have in mind?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I like used gear if you know the previous owner personally. If you know the person beforehand you can get an idea of how well they take care of their stuff and if they will try to lie or BS you into buying their gear. I am pretty weary of eBay when it comes to $500+ purchases but I will buy used gear from friends and maybe even locally off ads on craigslist. Still, if you have the money and want the peace of mind, buy new.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
depends what it is: something that can't really be busted (drums, for instance--they either work or they don't) i'd go used.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
Well, with guitars...they're rather simple, from a wiring standpoint so if the construction is solid, you can fix shitty wiring. (This is the theory behind buying Squires)
Guitars I'll buy used if I can find a deal and new if I can't. There isn't much I can't fix on a guitar. Amps I'll only buy new if I'm looking for performing gear, but I've gotten a couple of really cool vintage amps on the cheap.

Kanamvar32 is right about eBay, they're pretty disappointing most of the time.
I wouldn't try to buy a used guitar off eBay.
Yeah i would usually like new things first because im not too handy with fixing things. Don't know how to fix much on a guitar or anything so unless i knew someone that could help me or the ppl im buying from i wont get used
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
I got my main guitar and an american strat off of ebay. Both where exactly as described.

If you find a good deal on ebay go for it. Worse comes to worse, you spend an extra 40 bucks to get a fret job and a setup. If the guitar is in good solid condition, other stuff can be easily fixed.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
It depends if you think the person selling it is bullshitting you or telling you the truth(about what its like) id go used tho, you can find some good things for cheap that are used.
aha I just realized all the gear i've bought so fars been used(clapton sig strat and traynor YCV50) and i've saved huge man and the gears just as good, its just in the shape you would put it into after getting over the newness right when you buy it
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I always try to go used before buying new as long as I can try it out first.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
just to let you guys know im not looking for advice on new/used
i just wanted to see what other people do
personally i go used
if you can try it first then used is best because you can get some sweet deals
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
^Warrenty, knowing you're the first owner, reliability issues.

Tons of reasons.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I tend to trust new gear more (I must have tested it, though). But, if the seller is honest and/or I can try it out myself, I tend to go with used gear to save cost.
I want a starter guitar, so I want used. But when I think about it, that was a starter for someone else. Maybe they didn't take care of it.

I wanna buy new for a number of reasons.
I'll buy both but I've never found a used guitar that I liked that my friend didn't already own lol (all my friends guitars are used and vintage).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix