If a c7 chord contains a Bb note, how is this 7 notes above the C note, if the Key of C contains no sharps/flats. Does it have to do with triads?.
It doesn't fit in the key of C major without accidentals. There's nothing wrong with that. A C7 will usually be used in the key of F major anyway, as it wants to resolve to F.
ok i think i understand. So when you are counting the steps you go

C D E F G A Bb?..

Just out of curiosity is the maximum amount of notes in a chord construction 4?. as above.
Quote by kmf1
ok i think i understand. So when you are counting the steps you go

C D E F G A Bb?..
Yes.

Quote by kmf1
Just out of curiosity is the maximum amount of notes in a chord construction 4?. as above.
No, not at all. Thirteenth chords can contain seven notes, though that obviously couldn't be played on one guitar. I suppose a chord could contain even more than seven notes, though eight-tone scales don't exist (or at least uncommon) in western music.
^ yes, that is right. Also, C7 doesnt fit in Cmajor, but it fits in C mixolydian (5th mode of the F major scale), and a mixolydian scale is all natural notes, but a b7. So a C mixolydian scale would be C D E F G A Bb. That is where you'd use a C7 as the root chord, or the chord everything resolves to.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build