alright im going through scuba certification classes right becuase over spring break im going down to belize and me and my sister wanted to get certified so we could scuba and what not, so i had my first pool time today and my right ear got screwed up cuase i couldnt get it equalized, my left ear is fine now (its been like 3 hours since i had it) but my right is still screwed up, i try plugging my nose and blowing and that kinda works but doesnt really do anything, anyone else know how to get it back to normal, or does it just kinda go back over time?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

it will go back eventually, just try to pop your ears, like you do on a plane, the principal is the same...but i have a similar problem, when i am on a dive and we go up to do a boat check, i have such a hard time equalizing on the way back down, usually i am not able to go more than 15-20 feet, but yeah, just try to pop your ears, try chewing gum, swallowing, yawning, clicking your jaw, etc...btw, good for you for learning how to dive, i absolutely love it
Originally posted by SoFad
Guys, I'm in need of desperate help, it's been like 2 weeks since my last dump. I can't get there anymore

wow, good luck

Quote by MorelloMan1992

elephants.

buttsecks.

elephant buttsecks
You might have blown your eardrum. I'd say a trip to the doctor is in order if it persists.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Do you have a head cold/sinus problems?

I had to drop out of my certification course before the final eval dive because I couldn't equalize. Both my eardrums had ruptured blood vessels just from going in the pool, shit pissed me off b/c scuba was probably the coolest experience I've ever had...
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
Do you have a head cold/sinus problems?

I had to drop out of my certification course before the final eval dive because I couldn't equalize. Both my eardrums had ruptured blood vessels just from going in the pool, shit pissed me off b/c scuba was probably the coolest experience I've ever had...

i have like a minor cold, but it hasn't affected me at all. it happened after i was just practice diving to start, so liek we dove down then switched from snorkal mask to scuba mask and what not. except i went like too fast then couldnt get equalized out on the bottom. pool was either 10 or 12 feet i believe
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Last edited by Blak R Immortal at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by Blak R Immortal
i have like a minor cold

That's what did it, you might have thought it wasn't a big deal, but that can really screw up your equalization.
you probably didn't blow an eardrum though, it should go away soon.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Quote by EVH_iS_g0d
That's what did it, you might have thought it wasn't a big deal, but that can really screw up your equalization.
you probably didn't blow an eardrum though, it should go away soon.

yeah, fluid can build up and swell on the inside of the ear which obstructs the eustachian tubes, thus making equalization difficult. I wouldn't recommend continuing the course if you keep having these problems, because what might seem like a manageable amount of pain in the 12 foot pool is going to be very serious at 60 or so feet. I really hope you get through this though man, I don't want anybody having the situation I had.